NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
RSX-S more expensive due to a more classy/luxurious interior.

Performance wise GTS=RSX-S. They are identical in almost every numerical category.

The GTS handles slightllllllly better only because of its 270 lb weight advantage.

RSX-S Weighs 2770 and GTS 2500.

The RSX-S has 200 HP Vs the GTS 180 but it has more weight to carry so it is equally as fast. The RSX-S tho has more room for lack of driving skill due to its early Vtec engagement Vs the GTS Lift engagement. And the Gearing ON THE 1-2 is better.

THE GTS has seemingly tid bits more of topend.

The seats in the GTS are more hugging on th ebody for turns.

The GTS also has a more "sporty looking" cabin/interior. RSX-S has a nice interior but classier over sporty.

The GTS has a good aftermarket but nothing compared to the RSX-S.

Nut Shell:

RSX-S PROS:

Classier/Better aftermarket/Better interior quality/A bit more torque

Cons: Slightly Heavier and slightly outhandled slightly more expensive.

GTS Pros; Nimbler/Slightly Cheaper.

Cons: Limited Aftermarket. Cheaper interior materials. Mainly plastic. Later Lift engagement vs the RSX-S. (2002 had a lower rev limiter) 7800 in 02 Vs 8350 in all other years.

The cars are so similar thats how you have to nit pick.

·
Registered
718 Posts
GT-S cost more than RSX-S when similary equiped.

GT-S has 180hp but only dynos about 5-6whp less than an RSX-S.

GT-S weighs 300lbs less which translates to drivers race with the RSX-S stock for stock and up to I/H/E/ECU.

GT-S outbrakes the RSX-S

GT-S outhandles the RSX-S

GT-S comes with better tires stock

GT-S has better steering feel

GT-S has better suspension feel/setup

GT-S has a better stereo, the bose in the RSX-S is crap

GT-S has a way better seating position

GT-S has option for Factory Xenon HID's

RSX-S has a smoother shifter

RSX-S gets better gas mileage

RSX-S has better aftermarket support, more parts available.

RSX-S has lots of standard equipment, like CD changer, leather sunroof.

RSX-S has auto climate control

Both RSX-S and GT-S can be made to go 13s with I/H/E and ECU N/A..but....only the GT-S has ever seen 13s with I/E. RSX-S with I/E has seen a best of mid 14s at best.

Both cars are pretty damn reliable, the RSX-S has a more capable motor while the GT-S has a more capable chasis.

Both cars are chicks cars, but the Celica tend to draw in the young hotties while the RSX I've seen are all driven by middle aged secretary types.

Looks are subjective so I won't go into that, me personally prefer the styling inside/out of the GT-S.

One last thing, Toyota will warrany misshifts, Acura will not.

Anything else you guys wanna add?

Reading that list it seems like the GT-S was made to be a performer out of the box while the RSX-S tend to strive for good performance with a touch of luxury.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
rev, we will have a few people come in here and tear us apart.

[Johnny Torch] Flame ON!![/Johnny Torch]

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
My friend has a rsx-s and i love the quality of his interior. It's kinda plain but not too bad. I think i'd have a hard decision between the two as well.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
wow, I'm amazed to see such unbiased resonses. Way to go NoRulz, and Rev. It's kind of refreshing from the standard Celica > * fanboyism that's usually in all the posts.

I can't really sum it up better than what's already been said. Both are nice cars, with their pros and cons. I'd say it's pretty much personal preference at this point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
man.. i love my celi and all, but if i could start over and pick between those two cars, i would pick the RSX solely because of the performance-aftermarket it has. it's so much easier to make an RSX faster.

but if i could pick between a low-13 second RSX and a low-13 second celi, i would pick the celica in an eyeblink :gap:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Great comparison, so I will only add just a little bit:

1. Celica has better braking FEEL in addition to braking faster. The RSX's brakes feel a little inconsistent and harder to push down far and as a result, don't feel as effective.

2. Celica's low-end power is noticeably (just very slightly so) less than the RSX's. THe RSX seems to respond a tiny bit quicker from stop or crawl. However, the Celica's top-end kick is much more noticeable, but that's more of a preference thing for drivers. Basically, the RSX feels more sedated and calm while the Celica is hectic and wild.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con said:
wow, I'm amazed to see such unbiased resonses. Way to go NoRulz, and Rev. It's kind of refreshing from the standard Celica > * fanboyism that's usually in all the posts.

I can't really sum it up better than what's already been said. Both are nice cars, with their pros and cons. I'd say it's pretty much personal preference at this point.
:werd: Every other forum I goto is so biased its not even worth talking about cars.

It seems people are comparing the 2004 celica to the 2004 RSX. The 2005 RSX is bad ass. Looks better, better interior, more power, and 17 inch rims w/good tires.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by Zensoku
It seems people are comparing the 2004 celica to the 2004 RSX. The 2005 RSX is bad ass. Looks better, better interior, more power, and 17 inch rims w/good tires.
But remember, it also gains 100lbs for 05, so the power gain is quickly offset. ;) Still has the same performance as always. :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
But remember, it also gains 100lbs for 05, so the power gain is quickly offset. ;) Still has the same performance as always. :)
Originally posted by Kuz
not again.... :ban: :eslap:
:werd: & :werd:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
hehe another rsx vs celica thread hehe i love it.............

·
Registered
5 Posts
yup..celica and rsx are pretty much equal. i too love both cars. however, if ididnt have to worry about money i'd rather go for the rsx. the celica is more sporty and has more drive feel in it than the rsx. but sporty comfort is my preference and thats what i would chose. still retains some sporty feel compared to something else like a 6speed accord.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
the celica is dead aftermarket wise and literally....and you will never get a straight comaprison with a thread like this posted either on here or clubrsx.....just go to both sites and read threads to find out about the pros and cons....stop being a lazy biatch

·
Registered
767 Posts
I think the rsx-s has the edge on the celica gts, not by much but it is still there.

My opinion get the type S, sorry to say it..:gap:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by po9i
the celica is dead aftermarket wise
Hardly dead. But definately not a honda a/m.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts