NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
hmm...i have a suggestion that will save u 200...go buy the 03 hid housings urself from a toyota dealer...kiss some ass and hope that the guy lets you have a set for under $530+TAX then go to ebay and find a philips d2s hid kit for sale that is under 300 and ur set...I'm the first who did this conversion...i only spent 700 :gap: everyone else has spent a little bit more after me...i didnt order the motors to autoadjust the headlights..i manually do it...i think its such a waste unless it came stock to have those...l8z

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
what part of canada?

·
Registered
181 Posts
i know powerbyrice did the conversion first but i was one of the top 5 on the list to do this conversion ... anyways the conversion cost me less than 200 bucks after i sold my stock lamps for 300 here. I found new 03 lamps on ebay for 230 shipped and 200 for d2s philips and toyota oem ballast.. If u can wait check on ebay

But honestly i would buy the hid assembly on ebay (tons available) and buy the 03 headlights at a junk yard or buy those at the dealership... good luck

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
damn u got a great deal homie!! I sold my stock headlights for $375..sold my H7 hid kit for $375....bought the headlight housings for $550...and bought a Philips D2S kit brand new for $260...i called it a even deal :gap: i never found any listings for 03+ celica hid headlights...maybe u were just lucky?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah i got lucky to find a new pair on ebay because the dealership that was replacing a customers headlamps ordered the wrong ones (HID lamp) and they needed the standard lamps.

So how are your HIDS? everything ok? i still never changed my stock 10a fuse... and felt the stock wiring at intial startup and the wiring is not even warm so i assume it is ok... If anything I will chang the fuse to 15a since the 03 celicas and UP and 15a fuse for the headlights so i assume its ok ...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
haha...i had a 25 amp fuse since my h7 kit on the oem headlights..ive been fine and have been shining very well :gap: hope all is good for u my friend

1 - 15 of 15 Posts