NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cool thing about this project was comin up with the staged alcohol injection system...

I can get 560 whp on 91 octane and just a splash of alcohol when needed under boost...
After I run out of the 100 oct. I'll switch back to 91 oct. and see how far the 2.2 gal. of alcohol lasts in the canyons.... This will give me the extended range I've been lookin for with all the power I could ever use in the real world...
The cool thing about tuning when it's 100*f is that you know its right where it needs to be under the worst conditions...

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Ah you did it again... Every time something new and amazing.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I have to say there are no mechanical changes made just a 2 psi. increase in boost pressure and tune on a 40*f hotter ambient temp day...no knock detected and a 36 whp gain..

You just have to tell your tuner you want it fuqcin perfect and you can always see an improvment.... It's always the tuner that gets the most out of the hard parts...
MP Tuning

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Congrats Frank. those are awesome numbers. Enjoy being king of the hill untill i take you over :fawk:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Thanks but Dude you never drive in the hills you desert rat....:wiggle:
Not true! I've seen him drive in the hills on his bike. Of couse, I also see him get owned in the hills by Illusive drivign a rented Echo....

:chuckles:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Less... I have to change out the wastegate spring, we were getting a drop in boost pressure in the higher RPM since we were tryin to correct for a 9 lb. wastegate spring while tryin to keep a steady 30 psi. We were just beyond the range of the solenoid control and a much better header design allowing the exhaust gasses a straight shot to the wastegate..

I know I should just leave it but I hate to see a wavy dyno graph....
So it'll just be a slight readjustment of the boost control which we can do on the street and leave it at a solid 30 psi. and that should keep the torque from droppin off....

And then I'm done..:wiggle:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
And then I'm done..:wiggle:
I would like to bet you on this. The smart money says that you've blown up or are screwing with something else on the car within 45 days of wastegate adjustment.

How much you care to wager? :naughty:

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Not true! I've seen him drive in the hills on his bike. Of couse, I also see him get owned in the hills by Illusive drivign a rented Echo....
wow that was a crazy day, dragging my knee through the Crest and look over my shoulder and there is Illusive in an Echo right on my ass.

How much you care to wager?
my money is on you Boosted, Ronin will NEVER stop spending money on that pit!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
wow that was a crazy day, dragging my knee through the Crest and look over my shoulder and there is Illusive in an Echo right on my ass.
I know! Jason can drive the wheels off a car. I can't wait to get the Spyder prepped and see how he can do with it at autocross and on a road course. I have a very strong suspicion he is going to decimate my times in the car :D

1 - 20 of 524 Posts