NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hia

So i unplugged my battery to take my deck out because i sold it, then i plug the battery back in and my alarm won't work? The only function that works on it right now is the lock/unlock function

On the remote it has the lock/unlocked symbol and above the car is a bunch of z's as if it was disabled. The car doesn't chirp anymore when i lock/unlock and the stay on feature when u take the key out of the car doesnt work anymore.. it just turns off right away.

I checked valet mode, but the function does nothing. I found a guide online to program the alarm and it doesn't work.

Is there anything I can do? I can go back to the place i got it from and get it fixed but I want to try and take a stab at it myself.

Is there anything I can do to get it to function again? I think it's stuck in valet mode.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its very likely in valet mode, try pushing buttons 1 & 2 together for a second and see if that changes anything
yeah no its completely unresponsive. on my unit its buttons 1 & 3. when i called the place they told me to try that. i'm almost 90% sure the problem is they wired the power to mydeck, because there was a cable left over that went to a random place.. im going to try to attatch that cable to something and see if my alarm works.

im going to tell teh guy thats installing my F900BT to attatch it somewhere and ask what it's for if I have no luck.

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
:rolleyes: Wow what kind of installer ties in an alarm to deck power? If that's what happened I'd be hella pissed. Since you have no deck can you take pics of the factory harness, I could probably tell if that's what they did.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
wow that sucks ..
imagine.. thief breaks window alarm goes off he figures he has about a couple seconds before anyone notices snatches the radio the alarm stops..

thief smirks as now he has time to take everything else lol

well i gues its the easiest place to find a 12v power source..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.