NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I place an order with them about 5-6 weeks ago. The item in dispute is for a set of Stainless Steal Brake Lines for 2000+ Toyota GT-S. I pay them a total of $108 (including shipping and paypal fee)

1. I spoke to the salesman (Blaise) many times and he confirmed that the Stainless Steel line was in stock. Yes I know item was previously been in backorder in other places, that's why I make sure that they check that it is in stock before I purchase it.

2. I waited about 3 weeks, and still I haven't gotten it. So I contacted the salesman Blaise, he said it's not in yet and is still backordered. He apologized and said he would keep me informed if anything changes.

3. I waited another 2 weeks and I became impatient because it's been way over a month and I'm waiting on the brake lines so I can install my upgraded brake set (rotors, pads) because my pads are already wearing out. So I contacted Blaise again, thru IM, email and I did not get a response. So people on this site recommened that I call and contact Tim (the owner) directly.

4. I called Tim, and he said that it's not their fault that the brake lines are backordered. I brought up the fact that his salesman (Blaise) confirmed that it was in stock before I ordered it. He said that there's no ETA date and don't know how long it will take to come it.

5. Because I already waited almost 1.5 months for the item that was supposely be in stock, and the fact that he doesn't know when they will be in, I requested for a refund. He at first deny and said that can't be done. Later he said that he will have to charge me with a 20% restocking fee, plus a 10% cancellation fee, for a product that was backordered and never got to me. Now tell me, how do you "restock" something if it never exist?

So I am hit with a 30% fee, plus 3% paypal fee when I paid, and another 3% paypal fee when they pay me back. Total of 36%.

All I can say is the way Tim spoke to me was very unprofessional and he lost his cool. I merely state the fact that I can file a complaint with the BBB, Consumer Affairs and I will get my money back another way (legal means) and he quickly got angry and said "I do not respond to threats, if you threaten me I will not help you. I am doing you a favor and going out of my way to help you."

I am within my rights as a consumer to speak my experience of a retailer and file any neccessary complaints with consumer organisations, such as the BBB and Consumer Affairs, in an effort to get things solve. He already have my money for over a month, so I can't dispute it via paypal. He (Tim) said it was a threat, lost his cool, and things just escalated from there. Is it a threat? No I am only informing him of what my consumer rights are if he breaks he law.

Remember I order it thru their advertisments on newcelica.org. I am not aware of the crazy return fees he claims that are written on his website. I never agree to those "store policies" and Blaise have never brought that to my attention when I ordered.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
damn that sucks man. did you pay with a credit card? thats always the way to go. none of this restocking fee BS. i heard some companies make a living by scheming to profit off of "restocking/cancelling fees" they never order parts that are expensive...when the consumer finally gets fed up and asks for a refund, they charge them the 10% 20% or whatever the charge is.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I did everything thru email and IM's, with no mention of their "store policy", I am not subject to it because I never AGREED to it.

That 20% restocking fee is just BS, in addition to the 10% cancellation fee. I never got anything from them as promised in a resonable time frame. They never delivered, so I should get my money back. They take 30% for what? Wasting my time?

I browse thru their website, and there's no way to get to their return policy page from just browsing the website. Unless you order thru the website and get to the order form, there is no return policy mentioned.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I WAS GONNA' ORDER SOME STUFF FROM THIS GUYS TOO, LUCKY I DID'NT, COZ' IT WILL BE THE SAME LIKE NYONEWAY.
I'LL PROBABLY WAIT FOREVER TOO.
HE DID'NT GET HIS STUFF PLUS HE GOT HIT WITH A 30% RESTOCKING FEE! ...... COME ON GUYS GET S_ _T TOGETHER , ITS NOT EVEN HIS FAULT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE PRODUCT PLEASE DON'T LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT YOU HAVE IT,.... THAT IS YOU CALL "BAD BUSINESS"

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
95% of the customers i have delt with, me being a representative for CAC, have been comletely satisfied with my service, as well as Tim's.

that goes not for just this site. goes for the eclipse boards, honda boards, tibby boards, etc. :)

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
zcs626 said:
I showed Tim this thread, he's away, but he'll see it tomorrow. Anyway, i'm sure everything will get worked out John. :)
Just like how it got worked out today when I spoke to him and he lost his cool and said that he was actually doing me a favor by helping me. He claims that he doesn't have to do anything and can just keep my money. If I wanted the money back I can go ahead and sue him.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
nyoneway said:
and i'm the other 5%, the few that things didn't go so well... and his attitude was'nt too cooperative. he's pushing responsibilities.

I'm sorry this happened, but I'm with zach, 95% of the sales go smoothly but again that's a 5% that needs to be worked on and will be reviewed by Tim and something will be done.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I would'nt be here if the owner (Tim) wanted to work things out.

Tim basically told me I can go **** myself and if I want a refund, it will be under their terms, and in the end I will only get back 65% of what I paid him. The talk of BBB and Consumer Affairs only escalates things and he said if I threaten him, I won't see ANY of my money back.

I said to him, "This is how you treat your customers?".

This is similar to like if you go take a plane, 95% of the customers get their luggage without incident so they have no complaints. But what if YOU were the one who were'nt so fortunate and you didn't get your luggage? When you goto the airline, and the basic try to say they are not responsible?

A good company will resolve all of their complaints, making any compaint at all a none issue. It's those bad companies that get complaints and then refuses to make the customer happy, and instead lashes back at you.

For those of you who bought your stuff from them and got it, GREAT! But what if your deal went sour, how HELPFUL are they in making things right? In my situation I was focked by not getting the item, then focked by their customer service, and then raped again by their insane cancellation fees 30%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can't you file a complaint with paypal? They will recover your money for you. Also, if you used a credit card, you can file a complaint that you were not satisfied with the merchant and ask them to not to pay.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok, this has gone too far. If you know me and my company then you know that we are not like this. the guy calls up demanding and threating me and saying he can "get his money other ways". and the threats as a NC.O moderator were not needed either. The job of moderator does not give you power to slander sponsors.
Sir if this issue needs to be discussed more, please file a complaint with the BBB and whatever else you need to do.

this is the situation: he ordered 3 items on a special deal as u all know we try and work out.

Unorthodox Racing: #041200904 (Blue) 00+ Celica GT-S

Sparco: Driver side Slider + Driver Side Passenger Bracket 00+ Celica GT-S

Titan Braided Brake Line Kit 00+ Celica GT-S

3 items = a special sale price and his price of that 1 unit was linked to the fact he bought the others.

This customer from Blaise's records has been difficult to deal with and has continued to give us problems from the begining. He recieved the first 2 items inside of a weeks time and accordign to our records the customer knew the 3rd was on BO.

we had to implement the cancellation and restocking fee because of the nature of the sale.

and all of you know there is helping out the customer and then doing things the CAC way and busting your tale to make sure you get what the customer needs above all else. when i go 100% out of my way by reverting to my cell and other measures that is beyond the nature of a sale conducted online and as many can attest far above any customer service. Threats of legalities and BBB calls and illegal activities do not make me want to help the customer to my fullest extent im sorry.

Tim

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey nyoneway.. I bought some stuff from Tim a while back and service was great.. even though I did have some slight problems.. we talked it out and it was all good.. TIM was a pro and wanted to help.

If you got a partial order and want a FULL refund then of course theres going to be a restocking fee... So did you get part of your order or did you not get anything?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
bro, relax, i understand that you are upset but i assure you that things will get worked out. CAC is not some ebay scam company, i personally have dealt with them and sales repped for them at matrix sites, protege sites, neon sites, evryone that ive reccomended CAC to is completely satisfied.. but u have to understand that things happen sometimes... but Tim is a good guy and he will make sure that this get resolved. best thing to do is just cool off and talk this out like adults..

btw thats a great price for brake lines :chuckles:

·
Registered
66 Posts
well being a newbie here, and not knowing you two very well or the stuff discussed i had these questions. why would stuff that isn't in stock be charged? i thought it was common practice for companies not to charge for an item unless it was in stockand ready to be shipped. so with that mentality, despite his purchase of 3 items, he should have only been charged for 2 (even if it was at a special price, i'm sure there must be some equivilent value placed on each item, if they were to be returned, unless you expect the customer to return all 3 items.) and when would be a resonable time for that 3rd product to arrive? again i just had these questions when reading this thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Service

This is David from South Texas, and I just wanted to put in my .02 cents worth and say that I've purchased several items from Tim and never had any kind of issues whatsoever. The service has always been exceptional. I've recommended CAC to many and will keep doing so. I'm sure this problem will get resolved cause Tim will make it right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.