NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I place an order with them about 5-6 weeks ago. The item in dispute is for a set of Stainless Steal Brake Lines for 2000+ Toyota GT-S. I pay them a total of $108 (including shipping and paypal fee)

1. I spoke to the salesman (Blaise) many times and he confirmed that the Stainless Steel line was in stock. Yes I know item was previously been in backorder in other places, that's why I make sure that they check that it is in stock before I purchase it.

2. I waited about 3 weeks, and still I haven't gotten it. So I contacted the salesman Blaise, he said it's not in yet and is still backordered. He apologized and said he would keep me informed if anything changes.

3. I waited another 2 weeks and I became impatient because it's been way over a month and I'm waiting on the brake lines so I can install my upgraded brake set (rotors, pads) because my pads are already wearing out. So I contacted Blaise again, thru IM, email and I did not get a response. So people on this site recommened that I call and contact Tim (the owner) directly.

4. I called Tim, and he said that it's not their fault that the brake lines are backordered. I brought up the fact that his salesman (Blaise) confirmed that it was in stock before I ordered it. He said that there's no ETA date and don't know how long it will take to come it.

5. Because I already waited almost 1.5 months for the item that was supposely be in stock, and the fact that he doesn't know when they will be in, I requested for a refund. He at first deny and said that can't be done. Later he said that he will have to charge me with a 20% restocking fee, plus a 10% cancellation fee, for a product that was backordered and never got to me. Now tell me, how do you "restock" something if it never exist?

So I am hit with a 30% fee, plus 3% paypal fee when I paid, and another 3% paypal fee when they pay me back. Total of 36%.

All I can say is the way Tim spoke to me was very unprofessional and he lost his cool. I merely state the fact that I can file a complaint with the BBB, Consumer Affairs and I will get my money back another way (legal means) and he quickly got angry and said "I do not respond to threats, if you threaten me I will not help you. I am doing you a favor and going out of my way to help you."

I am within my rights as a consumer to speak my experience of a retailer and file any neccessary complaints with consumer organisations, such as the BBB and Consumer Affairs, in an effort to get things solve. He already have my money for over a month, so I can't dispute it via paypal. He (Tim) said it was a threat, lost his cool, and things just escalated from there. Is it a threat? No I am only informing him of what my consumer rights are if he breaks he law.

Remember I order it thru their advertisments on newcelica.org. I am not aware of the crazy return fees he claims that are written on his website. I never agree to those "store policies" and Blaise have never brought that to my attention when I ordered.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I did everything thru email and IM's, with no mention of their "store policy", I am not subject to it because I never AGREED to it.

That 20% restocking fee is just BS, in addition to the 10% cancellation fee. I never got anything from them as promised in a resonable time frame. They never delivered, so I should get my money back. They take 30% for what? Wasting my time?

I browse thru their website, and there's no way to get to their return policy page from just browsing the website. Unless you order thru the website and get to the order form, there is no return policy mentioned.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
zcs626 said:
I showed Tim this thread, he's away, but he'll see it tomorrow. Anyway, i'm sure everything will get worked out John. :)
Just like how it got worked out today when I spoke to him and he lost his cool and said that he was actually doing me a favor by helping me. He claims that he doesn't have to do anything and can just keep my money. If I wanted the money back I can go ahead and sue him.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I would'nt be here if the owner (Tim) wanted to work things out.

Tim basically told me I can go **** myself and if I want a refund, it will be under their terms, and in the end I will only get back 65% of what I paid him. The talk of BBB and Consumer Affairs only escalates things and he said if I threaten him, I won't see ANY of my money back.

I said to him, "This is how you treat your customers?".

This is similar to like if you go take a plane, 95% of the customers get their luggage without incident so they have no complaints. But what if YOU were the one who were'nt so fortunate and you didn't get your luggage? When you goto the airline, and the basic try to say they are not responsible?

A good company will resolve all of their complaints, making any compaint at all a none issue. It's those bad companies that get complaints and then refuses to make the customer happy, and instead lashes back at you.

For those of you who bought your stuff from them and got it, GREAT! But what if your deal went sour, how HELPFUL are they in making things right? In my situation I was focked by not getting the item, then focked by their customer service, and then raped again by their insane cancellation fees 30%.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
1. This has nothing to do with me being a moderator here. I have not use this as a threat. Lets make it clear. I have not threaten you personally. Nor I have use my priviledge as a mod to threaten you or your company. You keep on pointing on the fact that I have threaten you to push away from the subject.

2. I have not mentioned NC.org on the phone until you brought it up! You brought up the fact that you have a "great reputation here and will not be tarnished", I responded and said that "I am also well respect here as a member and a moderator". You brought up Larry and said would to get him involve. This has nothing to do with the site.

3. Sorry I did not get any discounts nor a package deal. I got all the items price as advertise plus I paid extra for the paypal fee. You advertised the UO Set for $295 here and that's the price I paid. Same thing with the SS Lines and the Sparco Brackets, they are the SAME price on Titan's motorsports page. So I may as well as went with them. The ONLY reason I bought it from you guys is out of convienence because I am already buying a UO pullies from you.

4. I did not come on here and claim that you guys are total crooks. I am pointing out 2 very important facts. One, it is your fault that you said it was in stock and I already waited 6 weeks. Second, the 30% restocking fee is a total rip off esp. when you told me that you don't know when the brake lines will come in even after 1.5 months.

5. I was very upset on how you guys are pushing responsibilities. I am also a seller here and I know what customer service is. You were very unprofessional with me over the phone.

6. At the end of the phone conversation I did say "if you don't pay me back, I will get my money back another way", you jump to conclusions and got very upset and say "don't threaten me", I explain to you that this was'nt a threat and other ways meaning reporting you guys to the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and using a Lawyer. Don't put words into my mouth, I made no personal threats to you nor any illegal threats to your company. I merely point out my consumer rights and the action I can take by speaking out the TRUTH of what happened.

Look seriously, this isn't even about the money. I'm not strapped for cash, I don't like the way I was treated and you were very disrespectful to your customer esp. after you asked me to call and said you will were willing to help.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
TRD-GT said:
i am going to put my 2 cents in here...one as a seller and one as a buyer.

first of lets calm down. we are adults..(well not me) but you get my drift.

as a seller:
is freaking hard to keep all customers happy i have dealt qith tim before, and although i had to wait a long ass time, tim came through with and amazing price. so even though i had to wait, i was worthy.

i dont want to tarnish a another sellers profile. and tim will come thru. now tim in my personal opinion (clue word here) a restocking fee and a cancellation fee shouldnt be charged. but if this order came with a special price because it was for the 3 items. then something most be charged since the "combo wasnt bought" as it was planned.

buyer:
john is a great an respected guy in here, i have deal with him too. and i can honestly say this guy is great. i think that a major point of this discussion is the fact that the lines where suppossedly in stock, and this is a very important fact. (i wouldnt install them though....supposedly they suck, but thats another tale) and one that should be investigated. also whats is the eta on this???what if they dont come back, or they are discountinued, or something like that.

all in all is very imprtant to sit down, talk it over a beer, (i am enjoy one cold corona right now). get down to and understanding. etc...come on guys worked out i like you both and dont like to see you fighting. please.....group hugh now...there you go....(hey wacht those hands....)there you go come on......please.....
I did not get an amazing price. It will be the same if I bought it elsewhere. He still don't know when it will be in and said that it maybe another 6 months before I get the SS lines if he feels like playing games with me. That's when I ask for my money back.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
bluceliboy42 said:
listen i have placed orders with TIM and Concept all the time and i would agree that 95% of the people are happy with the service threw concept auto...
Im sure TIM will be willing to work with you in anyway, but you do have to understand that 99.9% of every company will have a restocking fee..
Just Stay clam things will get worked out im sure and the big thing is you have to understand that things happen and TIM WILL WORK with you on this and everything will work out fine...
Restocking fees only applies to return of parts that are available and shipped. How can I be charge a restocking fee when he said the part is backordered for already 6 week and he was'nt sure on when they will be in?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ravula said:
can't you file a complaint with paypal? They will recover your money for you. Also, if you used a credit card, you can file a complaint that you were not satisfied with the merchant and ask them to not to pay.
No I can't file a complaint with paypal because it's been more than a month since I paid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.