NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently my Dad very kindly gave his 2001 celica having replaced it wirh a new car. Im really proud of my car, but am really confused with the keys...

Photo here...

I am currently using a very tired FOB A to Lock and Unlock the car, HOWEVER only button 1 will lock and unlock the car, button 2 seems to act like a panic alarm and sets the alarm off. Is this correct operation? Also, is there anywhere I can purchase a replacement casing for FOB A from?

FOB B has lock and unlock buttons but for starters they seem to be reversed in operation, and secondly when this fob unlocks the car, the doors unlock but the alarm triggers immediately, perhaps it needs re-programming or something? The casing is broken on this FOB, but I have seen cheap replacements on ebay and will buy one if I can get it to work as expected.

Finally, WTF is FOB C? I cant find anywhere to slot it or push it, so what does it do and where does it go?

Thanks in advance, looks like a fab forum here!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I don't really know anything on this subject, but none of those key fobs are actually for the Celica. I don't know weather or not that would actually matter, but it's an idea. You can buy an OEM key fob from Amazon or Ebay if you would like; there is also a programming guide on the site under the install guides section I believe.

*Edit* Just noticed you're from the UK so I don't know if you guys had same key fobs as the US or not, but I'd assume so.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,369 Posts
so I don't know if you guys had same key fobs as the US or not, but I'd assume so.
They usually don't. The EURO/NATO models usually have an OEM immobilizer.

FOB C does look like a push-to-start or other kind of security key dongle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts