NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

Im in a bit of a fix... Last November i tried my car at the drag strip and i did my personal best which was 13.9 wit 60ft of 2.22 @101

Yesterday i did it again and i couldnt get under 14.. my best was 14.01 and 60ft of 2.0 @ 99MPH

The mods which have been installed from nov till now wer lowered my car, MWR valves and springs, PPE header, Went straight pipe and a good tune with PFC..

can someone help me out in the frustrating problem i thought i would go much better!

I know its summer and the heat yest was like 32deg and in nov was something like 23 but would it make such a diff? the dyno read 230BHP so i was aiming at at least 13.7

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
temp makes a big difference
x2. The car breath much better with fresh air. That is your explanation ..

Did u have the PFC in nov ?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
you should at least get the piper stg 2's.. not alot of difference on the big cam.. but alot better on the lower cam. :)
should help u out alot.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
could be the weather... i doubt it will make u run a slower time with more mods, but its def a possibilty... check your tune might have to adjust because of the different temps

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
The thing is no one really tested the cams and compare the stages other than MWR. MWR's results with PFC indicate a plus for the stage 2 from 6500 to 7400. The stage 3 look better from 7400 and up. Thats' not with pistons or head work but gives us an idea. I'd like to see other results. I will certainly have some results regarding that sooner or later ..

As to your 1/4 run, the tune could also explain something. Did you dyno tune it and prove the gains ? Te PFC itself helps a lot the low end mostly it's not a huge deal for 1/4 mile. I still helps of course..

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
as others have stated temps = killer.

temperature has a huge effect on density altitude. Altitude is the #1 killer of a n/a car at the dragstrip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts