NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering investing in a radar detector, probably the Escort Passport 8500. But, as many of the other people here do, I live in Virginia, where radar detectors are illegal.

What do you guys think. Not worth it or worth it?

And I have no clue how these radar detectors work, but I'm under the impression that you have to place them on your windshield. Doesn't that make it really easy to spot?

Oh well, just let me know what you guys think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
i put my radar detector above my rear view mirror (where the unmarked cop cars hide their police lights) which i think makes it a bit harder to spot.

but slowing down is a good thing too. just remember, your radar detector only tells you if a cop is shooting radar for speeders, not if he has a radar gun. a cop can sit with it turned off until you go flying by at high speeds and then turn it on and get you right as you pass by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
i have the Passport 8500, its great saved my ass quite a few times!!!

mYu nice sig...Eva has to be one of my all time favorite anime's
 

·
It is known.
Joined
·
8,236 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,522 Posts
I do not support breaking the law.

Valentine 1, hidden display unit, w/ remote sensors in the front grill and rear valence.
 

·
It is known.
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
sure ya do brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,522 Posts
I honestly don't have one. You can probably find info and pics on the web.

My previous neighboor has one in each of his cars. The typical dash mount in his truck and 350Z, but the stealth application is in his other car. :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,279 Posts
bme107 said:
I do not support breaking the law.

Valentine 1, hidden display unit, w/ remote sensors in the front grill and rear valence.
:werd:

V-1 is the way to go. :) But the best way not to get a ticket is to slow down.

Dan, I never really got into Evangelion. Of course I saw Death & ReBirth first so can you blame me??? :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
kaioshin said:



Dan, I never really got into Evangelion. Of course I saw Death & ReBirth first so can you blame me??? :rofl:
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
Death and Rebirth was the weirdest thing i have ever seen...the whole series up to the last two episodes was AWESOME!!! then the messed up the end with the last two episodes, and then the movies. which helped some but none the less weird. watch it if you can, its awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,702 Posts
mounting above the mirror... they will see the wire
i used to have mine the bottom driver side corner of the windshield...

and for them turning it on when u go past them, some radar detectors have 360* protection so it scans front back side, etc...
and for VA. some have cloaking modes, so it hides i from sensors ... i havnt gotten caught in VA yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,279 Posts
Lark03 said:
mounting above the mirror... they will see the wire
i used to have mine the bottom driver side corner of the windshield...

and for them turning it on when u go past them, some radar detectors have 360* protection so it scans front back side, etc...
and for VA. some have cloaking modes, so it hides i from sensors ... i havnt gotten caught in VA yet
If you mount it on the top, I hope you would run the power up through the a pillar or just tap into the dome light for power. Besides, who is going to see a thin black wire?

Putting the detector towards the bottom only allows seats and ppl to obstruct it's range.


Dan, if you like weird freaky **** like that then it's all you.. All I have to say is "tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down... :wtf:"
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top