NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
Nice find, that's a very clean celica too, I'm getting my parts to go back to stock body, I miss it!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
At first I was pretty excited, but then I realized that he had the tiny brakes. 20mm larger diameter isn't too much for us US GTS's, but I am curious about the brake caliper. More pad area is always good, same amount of friction going on but over a larger area means lower pad temps. What US car would use that caliper/bracket and would it bolt on like with his Celica? Let's ask RockAuto and ToyoDIY!

Not having much luck.

·
2000 Celica GT
460 Posts
If the rear caliper and mounting would adapt to a 00 GT with drums (I'm in the US), I would pay GOOD money for the OP to ship me a pair of them.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
At first I was pretty excited, but then I realized that he had the tiny brakes. 20mm larger diameter isn't too much for us US GTS's, but I am curious about the brake caliper. More pad area is always good, same amount of friction going on but over a larger area means lower pad temps. What US car would use that caliper/bracket and would it bolt on like with his Celica? Let's ask RockAuto and ToyoDIY!
If you really want to try something better, see the post from oolineooo that uses brembo calipers from R34 and 320 mm disks. He says he used no spacers and works great.
Currently I am looking for the same setup for the rears checking for R34 parts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
If you really want to try something better, see the post from oolineooo that uses brembo calipers from R34 and 320 mm disks. He says he used no spacers and works great.
Currently I am looking for the same setup for the rears checking for R34 parts
That sounds cool but would need bigger wheels than stock 16" I think?

·
'00 Celica S [EUR]
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Great Job Ben...Car looks awesome..Did u change wheels?..I liked the ones u had in those pics..Just drop it a liitle lower and u will be $$$
Thx!

Yes I change my wheels, now I have these:

Sadly, I cant drop the car lower. Because in germany we dont have good complete suspension kits at first. Only china trash. And secondly the streets in my town are not the best, deep potholes over all - the city council spend the money for other shit. And an other fact is, that we have strong regulations for the lowness of cars! :-( THATS Germany....

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,258 Posts
That sounds cool but would need bigger wheels than stock 16" I think?
Yes 17" with correct offset or bigger

Yes I change my wheels, now I have these:
Much much better. Your car looks very nice.

Because in germany we dont have good complete suspension kits at first
I am pretty sure that KW variant 2 is TUV certified

And secondly the streets in my town are not the best, deep potholes over all
Dammit... You should see the roads here... :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone looked in to the back brakes any more?
Im doing the front conversion as my calipers have seized and over heated but my back ones have too so now would be a good time to do all 4 corners....

·
Registered
653 Posts
KW's Variant 2 are TUV certified, it's the only kit wich would pass technical inspection here in Belgium, because of TUV... Tkx Germany! :D
Great job with the brake conversion; I've made GTS brake conversion (20mm bigger than OEM, I have a 01 GT) and it's definitly way better. I can imagine how better is your ride now ;) And btw, i love your new wheels!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts