NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you who want to do this mod, but are unsure which hoses go where, this guide should help. It's very straightforward anyway, but if you're anything like me, this may well save you your dinner getting cold!!!

Right, to begin with we need to clarify which hoses etc I'm talking about. 'My' left might be different to how you percieve 'left', so for the purpose of this exercise...

When you take the throttle body off, you will want to plug the coolant hoses with the long gold bolts to stop leaking coolant everywhere. These hoses are a pain to get off, so be patient with your pliers and don't go crazy. To get this small hose off completely from the engine side too, you will need to take off the left engine side coolant hose first to get access to the right side one. This is an even bigger pain and small hands like mine, will be of definate advantage here!!!

So, just to clarify thus far...

Now take the longer hose from the right side of the throttle body and insert it over the right side port on the engine as the arrows show in the picture

aaaaand if you've done it all correctly it should look something like this

On a side note, when you start up the engine you might get 'air-lock' in the cooling system. The first thing you should do as a precaution is to turn on the interior heater and put it on 'hot'. If when the engine starts to warm up, you don't get any warm air coming through, open the air bleed valve on the coolant fill box slowly and slowly squeeze the main radiator pipe until the air is out and the coolant starts to squish out. I may be wrong here, but that's what i've done numerous times to solve this problem.

Lastly, I nor newcelica.org will be held responsible for any damage done to your car by doing this mod. I don't know HOW you can get this wrong, but it's just here as a guide to show how 'I' did it ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
what does this actually do then??

·
Registered
634 Posts
In cold weather, you'll see 1-2 minute longer warmups when idling.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Just one thing to add ref the blocking up the tubes with the throttle body bolts, use the metal ring clips as well on the end to help seal, and also cable tie them upwards if you don't intend to do anything with them for a long time, else the coolant will still seap out of the ends. When I took the intake manifold off I noted a little puddle on the floor, where it had seaped. Just giving you guys the heads up.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
timm3r said:
seems like a good mod to accomodate a hondata img.
I agree, where can I get one of these? I've tried ebay and google but had no luck thus far. I need a store that will ship to the UK.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Ya but the principle is there ... you can do it this way too I assume ... you just need to find tge right part to make hem fit together ..

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahnjae, thankyou for the link
nokiaman, no it doesnt really do anything noticeable. maybe something that may help with getting slightly higher dyno figures, if at all...

·
Registered
146 Posts
danGTS said:
Ya but the principle is there ... you can do it this way too I assume ... you just need to find tge right part to make hem fit together ..
yeah the principle I meant. So I'll try it..and yeah I know I didn't get huge whp LOL but it's good for do something in the free time... thanks :wave:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
you know i was thinking, people said there isn't really a down side to this mod besides having a 1-2 minute longer warm up. But why would car makers make that coolant line to the TB? There has to be a reason and bypassing must have more side affects than 1-2 minute longer warm ups.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
During very cold weather, you can form ice on the throttle plate, which will cause it to stick. That's why manufacturers run coolant through throttle bodies.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Jesse IL said:
During very cold weather, you can form ice on the throttle plate, which will cause it to stick. That's why manufacturers run coolant through throttle bodies.
owned gg no re

1 - 20 of 53 Posts