NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my car backtogether and i have about a 1000 miles on it and its been losing coolant somewere. the oil is clean and the plugs are clean but it never leaves a puddle. does anyone have any insight on were to start looking?

·
Registered
795 Posts
squeeze your coolant lines that go to the radiator, and see if it comes out from anywhere..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I'd do a search on all the 2zz builds that ended up loosing coolant to start with .. It has been talked a lot this summer ..

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
i'd start with the hoses

wait until she's cooled down and then maybe put a couple napkins around the main lines, squeeze and check if any coolant leaks

another thing is to actually check it while its warmed up with ENGINE off as the hoses have a lot more give and the smallest crack will leak

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i finally found out were its leaking from but i hope its not what i think it is. i havent got under the car yet but i noticed the back side of the block on the drivers side was wet and had heavy corrosion on the block. is there any other place beside the head gasket that it could leak from on the back of the head or the block? i realy hope its not the head gasket.:scared: any info would be appriciated.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
^^^ same here, but for me it's actually coming from the water pump and dripping onto the top of the sump, suspension arm and the whole area is all dried up and pink. Take a closer look towards the water pump...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.