NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to put the coolant lines in wrong? I just ran the car for the first time and i have no AC and the car heats up asap, also the cars fans dont turn off. The engine is obviously overheating. I did not run for long. It sucked down the coolant empty so added more, ran a bit more, did it again. I think i am now finished of that.

is there an in and out water line on the turbo? could i have screwed this up? if so what is in and what is out, the one facing the front of the car in? back of the car out?. and then which is in and out on the engine, the one on the engine out? and the one coming from the firewall area in? Please tell me in laymans terms. I am sooooo ready to boost.

Also, how loose should the top of the bov be, fully tight, or barely tight? I didnt hear my bov go off, but then again i didnt cross 4500 rpm in fear of overheating, please get back asap! gotta finish. I promise ill get vids up if i can finish this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me with the coolant. Just keep refilling it, it took about 10-12 times for it to actually settle in my car. Best thing to do is, fill it, check it in an hour, fill it, check it in an hour and keep doing it till it stops.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah the problem with that is that you took out the water lines and now you have air in the lines. You have to bleed your water lines. Make sure all the air is out and just refill like Blitz said.
Dont know about the BOV cause mine sounds even at 4000 when i let go.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so there is no in and out for the water lines, that doesnt matter? There is just too much air? And how do you bleed the water lines now?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you have to massage the hoses to get the air to pass through the system..it took me an hour to bleed JohnsGT car...and AC shouldnt have anything to do with that...its your heater that wont work...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Jayloco said:
I have a similar problem but my car does not overheat, my heat just does not work until I drive about 15-30 minutes/go over 80 mph on the highway then it kicks in is this possibly because of air in the lines?
yes you still have air in the system.

·
Registered
262 Posts
GTS_TURBO_HUNGR said:
Yeah the problem with that is that you took out the water lines and now you have air in the lines. You have to bleed your water lines. Make sure all the air is out and just refill like Blitz said.
Dont know about the BOV cause mine sounds even at 4000 when i let go.
REFILLING WITH COOLANT:

get a 10 socket unbolt the coolant bottle,lift it up and put it on the hood latch ( yes the hood latch,sounds like crap, until you do it) it fits exactly unto the latch like it fits on the bracket you slid it up off of. you turn the car on let it run,open the bottle and start filling (dont rev car) it takes a good 10 to 15 minutes to actually get all the air out by this time the engine fan will be running and there should be coolant that is on the ground ( yes some would waste)
if its done properly. pay close attention to the bottle when filling to see when the air bubles stopp coming ( big bubbles and little tiny ones,and they dont come alll at the same time)

after fillling remove and slide bottle back over its mount and bolt back in place by the time it take you to do this the fan would have already stopped and started again at least 2 times.(depepndent on ambiant temp.)

a buddy of mine and i stumbled onto this when a friend of ours car was overheating back in 2000 we passed that info to a friend of ours in canada who is a toyota master technician who is using that same technique to this very day.

i did a post with detailed instructions before ,do a search ( could be another site maybe,but search) (its been so long since i did it but i think on one car i had to use the little nob on the bottle to control the flow of water back into the bottle) its easy when you get the bottle mounted you can actually get a sense of how the water flows and by opening the nob you can see it slowing down and even stopping) and going to another section of the bottle.
the little knob is very important.

this may not be the reason you are in fact overheating, but its the proper way to fill your coolant level and get air out of the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.