NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im dont want anymore tickets from cops for passing red light cameras .i dont want to pass them but sometimes i just cant stop because the damn car behind me is stuck right behind me ,leaving about 1 inch from my bumper,so thats why i cant stop or else they slam right into me. so my question is were can i purchase a spray to cover my tags so that i wont get a ticket in the mail? anyone know were to buy such a thing? thanks for any info.:angry:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Can't stop because someone is driving to close to you? Either brake check them or gradually slow down. I'm sorry but I've never heard of this being a problem.

And if all else fails...pull over and let them go by. Which is probably the best idea.

Tik

·
Registered
755 Posts
Let them hit you..it's their fault, collect on their insurance..body kit! Turbo Kit! lambo doors! Yum yum...hit me hit me hit me!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true,i actually let them hit me with my old beat up car ,but my new car ,i dont want it smash up .im more interested in the spray.the covers i know is a 50-100.00 fine if a cop follows behind.the spray is not visable to the hum an eye.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I've never heard of A spray. The only thing I've seen that blocks cameras is a reflective plastic you put over your plates. At most known camera angles it makes the plate numbers unreadable.

·
Registered
572 Posts
comicbookguy said:
hi im dont want anymore tickets from cops for passing red light cameras .i dont want to pass them but sometimes i just cant stop because the damn car behind me is stuck right behind me ,leaving about 1 inch from my bumper,so thats why i cant stop or else they slam right into me. so my question is were can i purchase a spray to cover my tags so that i wont get a ticket in the mail? anyone know were to buy such a thing? thanks for any info.:angry:
get 3m privacy film. a small current applied (less power than the LED for your car alarm takes) makes the film transparent. when power taken away it's tranlucent almost opaque. I know how you feel about those damn redlight cams, it's bullsh*t, I got a ticket about 5 months or so ago ($300) :(. My back wheels were in the lines of the cross walk or some b.s. Long story but I was tryin to keep up with my friends, in a new area to me. I thought I made it but guess not.

Also, if u think the guy behind u was too close, you can fight those tickets. but you better be sure they were indeed as close as you think they were. It's a jacked up system that is VERY difficult to beat. There's not much room for innocence in traffic court.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Use hairspray....it works. That is what I put on my plate and when you take picture of it at night, this is how it will look.

PS: you need to put it on everyweek, or everything time you wash your car.

·
Registered
654 Posts
ignore the ticket
you will never have to appear in court because you never signed anything saying you are promising to appear in court. works all the time

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
01 Spectra GT-S said:
Use hairspray....it works. That is what I put on my plate and when you take picture of it at night, this is how it will look.

PS: you need to put it on everyweek, or everything time you wash your car.
DAMN!!! it works that good?!?!.....hmmmmm im gonna have to try that then...thanks! but how effective is it during the day?

would not showing up for a camera ticket really work?....i dunno about that one???? anyone had success by not showing up in court for a camera ticket?

·
Registered
572 Posts
x-factorWRX said:
ignore the ticket
you will never have to appear in court because you never signed anything saying you are promising to appear in court. works all the time
well if it's anything like california, they tack on an extra 300 on top of the 300 u already owe if u ignore it. if u dont pay that then they try to garnish your wages.

also, the hairspray trick, dunno if that would work, not all cams are equipped with flashes (not necessary anymore).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
This is a little trick I discovered somewhere along the way. If you want to "blind the cameras" figure out a way to emit BRIGHT infered light around the plates, Shinning away from the plate. You can get IR leds, but you would need alot of them. To electronic equipment, IR is highly visible. You can see this when you take a video recorder and point your vcr remote at it. If you can make the light bright enough and shinnig OUT from the plate, the camera will just catch a bright blur instead of the numbers. This works really well, as for those of you that don't know, IR light is invisible to the human eye, so cops would never know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Plz dont run red lights. Instead of getting rearended and it being someone else's fault, you will sideswipe someone instead? Red lights are there for a reason and they started using the camera's to try and minimize the hazard of ppl running through them. Just not safe IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
I find it kinda funny, that instead of NOT running through late-yellows, and reds...you guys are just trying to find a way to defeat the purpose of the cameras....which is to prevent accidents like the one mentioned above.

I personally have never had a problem with stoplight cameras, simply because I don't RUN them.

C'mon guys....jeezus...if it's that important to get wherever you're going....leave a little f'ing earlier. You're gonna kill someone. :rolleyes:

Besides...stopping at the light, gives everyone a better chance to gawk at your car. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I don't think he is purposely trying to run red lights. He probably feels a little set up when your choice is geting a ticket or geting rear ended. (Insurance can't replace every thing) geting hit should be the last thing any one wants but then again who wants a ticket?

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
BS on that one, man.

If the guy is following that close...and you're worried about getting rear-ended, then you're going way too fast.

I've been driving just as long as everyone else..certainly long enough to know that you're always gonna have people following close, but you have to trust them not to hit you...and if they do..welps..you become a rich man.

So which one do you think is better? Getting rear-ended...or sideswiping another vehicle? I'd rather get rear-ended than possibly kill someone else.

I also know what it's LIKE to get rear-ended....my Celica was rear-ended by a Jeep Cherokee going 35-40 miles an hour AT a stoplight...so I'm not exactly thrilled with the proposition of going through that mess again....

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I've been rear ended twice the first one with just a split second warning, not the best feeling I've had and the day after :wtc:......... It sucks on both ends. I would rather get rear ended than T- boned but I don't want to get into any accidents backs messed up enough as it is.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts