NewCelica.org Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Registered
2,292 Posts
you all do realize that those plastic covers don't work...there was a TV show about them actuelly. All they have to do is look at the negative of the photo and they can see it just fine...don't bother with plastic covers.

John

· Registered
3,850 Posts
This is total bs. Comicbookguy, You most definately don't know how to drive. Haven't your learned to always break a lil early upon coming to a complete stop to warn those behind you that you're attempting to stop? Also you must be driving hella fast or just brake too late to be able to go past your stopping destination.

Come on, learn to drive and quit bitchin.....I'd rather suggest you spend that money on whatever reflective bs you were going to buy on them cheesy traffic school tapes that teaches you how to drive.

· Premium Member
29,676 Posts
wow wow wow there buddy, watch what you say man....if you don't agree with what he's doing or wants to do, either just keep on reading the board or make some constructive criticism, don't just say "you don't know how to drive"........

· Registered
3,850 Posts
Alright, I should of had toned it down but seriously it's common sense. The whole idea just doesn't make sense. If he's obviously scared of someone rear-ending him then maybe he's doing something wrong. I still stand by what I said, maybe he has to practice the habbit on whatever he's doing wrong.

It's ignorance that causes such bad drivers. The Red Light cameras are there for a reason, it's for safety. If peepz don't like it then they shouldn't be drivin at all! Take the bus

· Registered
13,440 Posts
If you ever been in a shocking situation like that then your awareness can be especially high. Like I said I been rear ended twice, and when some tail gates it can unnerve you. I still get a little nervious when one of my friends tailgates.

If he was forced into the intersection by A tail gater then I think the court should show compassion/ justice by going after the tail gater.

since the reflector theory won't work, you may be doomed to fighting it out or approaching these interestions with your foot hovering over the brake.

· Premium Member
29,676 Posts
whenever I come up to a red light camera I slow down, IMO the ones who "should learn how to drive" are the f'ers tailgating me, that's probably the reason why he's afraid of getting rear ended. Red light cameras are not there for just "safety" they are a way for the jurisdiction where they are to make money without paying a cop. Hell, I'm trying the Infrared deal soon.

· Registered
3,850 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I know how it is. I've gotten rear-ended while driving my Celica here in the heavy traffic of So. Cali 5 months back. For a month or two I was quite paranoid. But at the same time you can't let your paranoia distract your concentration on driving. It's good to be aware of your surroundings but at the same time you have to be aware on how you control your own vehicle.

Say that Comicbookguy continues running a redlight, isn't he risking his safety a lil more? Especially during a heavy intersection? That's just asking for some trouble.

· Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Uh...

There will BE NO WAY..a judge in court will go easy on you if you sideswipe someone by running a redlight...you're F'ed. You have absolutely NO PROOF. What they will have proof of you doing is running that red light.

In fact..the whole idea that you're running a red light just to avoid being rear-ended is a little hokey to me...and laughable at that. I would love to see you explain THAT one in court. :chuckles:

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hey you can say what ever you want ,thats cool with me . you can say its my fault and thats some what true ,but dont forget those guys who stick right behind you when you drive down a road, the light is green and ,so you keep going and right when you get it front of the light ,it changes yellow.so what to do? slam it down and get rear end ,or slam it down to avoid a ticket? it happens to me alot even when i go the speed limit. so maybe i dont know how to drive? ok, but i will still be looking for that stuff...hehehehe. have fun bros. oh and for the bros who help me with the info .thanks again for all awsome ideas.

· Registered
4,731 Posts
comicbookguy said:
hi im dont want anymore tickets from cops for passing red light cameras .i dont want to pass them but sometimes i just cant stop because the damn car behind me is stuck right behind me ,leaving about 1 inch from my bumper,so thats why i cant stop or else they slam right into me. so my question is were can i purchase a spray to cover my tags so that i wont get a ticket in the mail? anyone know were to buy such a thing? thanks for any info.:angry:
If the guy was as close as you say they are, they wouldn't be able to stop before crossing the line, and thus get a ticket.. therefore their car should show up on the picture too..

if they did happen to stop, then they would be able to stop in time if you stopped also..

thats total BS that they were on your tail so you couldn't stop.. if they hit you.. thats their fault. don't take a $271 ticket and a point on your record because of someone else.. common sense man..

· Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Some people don't realize the possible outcomes of getting hit from the side. It's never happened to me, but I have seen it happen. I'll take getting rear ended over getting sideswiped, paralyzed or possibly getting killed.

You know some people are already going fast when their light turns green? Some people know that their light is going to turn green soon when approaching it and are rolling towards the interection pretty fast. When the light turns green, they punch it and go through the intersection at 30-40mph right when their light turns green. I would not take chances.

· Registered
73 Posts
If the light changes to yellow when you approach it then keep going unless you have time to stop. If you stop and get hit then most likely it's their fault for following to close or you slammed on the brakes so hard that it prevented the person in the back from stopping in time. Either way, if you noticed that the light has been green for awhile, you're suppose to slow down anyway and not try to run it before getting the red.

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
well it might work sometimes but not always ,but thanks all for your input positive or bs input. anyways if you can find out were i can buy that cover spray which was on fox news let me know.....have a nice drive roooommmmmm i will try to slow down the agressive drivers behind me.....hehehehhe.

· Registered
55 Posts
Kragen sells one othose reflective covers for license plates. What city do you live, I never run into any red-light cameras here
comicbookguy said:
hi im dont want anymore tickets from cops for passing red light cameras .i dont want to pass them but sometimes i just cant stop because the damn car behind me is stuck right behind me ,leaving about 1 inch from my bumper,so thats why i cant stop or else they slam right into me. so my question is were can i purchase a spray to cover my tags so that i wont get a ticket in the mail? anyone know were to buy such a thing? thanks for any info.:angry:

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
maryland, ....the cameras keep showing up here,they dont even give us a sign which says photo enforce......but the spray was on fox news and they tested both the cover and the spray .they said the cover only works 50% of the time and the spray is almost 99% to work. they still have that clip on the internet some where.but im looking for a shop in virginia which carries them.............

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.