NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for my yearly review. I was wondering if any of you have any references that show COL for the last few years in the DC area? Just as the price of goods/services/housing is higher than the national average, I'd assume that the COL factor also increases more from year to year, locally, than most of the country.

I want to go in armed with as much info as possible. Any items of similar reference would be appreciated as well.

· Premium Member
17,122 Posts
What's a COL increase? I haven't seen one of those since I was first hired..............

Coincidently, I'm having my yearly review today as well. Though the financials aren't discussed for a few more weeks.

· Registered
19,415 Posts
Originally posted by XYRCNCP
We only get a % increase based on our performance.
Nah, I don't sell Sprint cell phones at the mall.

In case you didn't get the OT reference, our salaries get adjusted at the "minimum" levels only, therefore most of us don't see an increase.
So everyone stays 2-3 hours late almost everyday and gets the nod from the president of the company? :wtf:

· Premium Member
29,676 Posts
Originally posted by kaioshin
So everyone stays 2-3 hours late almost everyday and gets the nod from the president of the company? :wtf:
No, there are some people who are on straight salary who don't get overtime, and some on hourly, like myself, who do.
When I said an increase to the "minimum" only, I was referring to what we get comparable to a COL increase. This is done separate from our yearly reviews.

· Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by dfess1
What's a COL increase? I haven't seen one of those since I was first hired..............

Coincidently, I'm having my yearly review today as well. Though the financials aren't discussed for a few more weeks.
Unless your position is hard up all over, you're getting screwed.

Just had my review. It went just as it did every year so far. I'm doing great, keep it up. No constructive criticism this time. It was pretty vanilla.
Financials are put off for a few weeks for us as well. The VP mentioned that the COL reference they were using was 3% and that we should expect between 4-6%.
We only get a % increase based on our performance. Yearly though, the salaries are adjusted to "stay competitive".
The beef i have here is that there is no "performance based compensation" They say there is but when it's broken down to simple terms, there is no way of actually tracking performance and deaming it as good or bad in the short term (1 year).

It's hard to describe to an outsider. I could be working my ass off but get stuck with a tough job and not show a "profit". On the other hand you can do dick and get an easy job and show a huge "profit". At least they recognize this, but have yet to quantify how to account for it in giving raises.

· Registered
34,770 Posts
Originally posted by bme107
Financials are put off for a few weeks for us as well. The VP mentioned that the COL reference they were using was 3% and that we should expect between 4-6%.
4-6% sounds very nice for a COL increase. However, if that's with a raise included, then it's less nice.

· Registered
24,281 Posts
I get a 5% raise every year. Its based on performance in that if I don't get myself fired, i get the raise. So i guess you could say I get a COL raise that is nice, but nothing performanced based.

brad, you didn't answer my tile question in OT.

· Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jen, being in the school system, is pretty much guaranteed the same thing. As long as she doesn't get fired she gets it. She has tenure and is pretty secure where she's at.

Didn't see it. I'll go there next.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.