NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive had my GTS for a while(one year). Any how I only have an alarm on my car 35% tint b/g springs and gr2's. Im still rolling on stock wheels with fresh yokohama rubber.
Basicly I was intrested in a little more power from nitrous. Now im not some speed freak but i really want at least 300HP on juice, Ive rode in hondas with 155 shot on essentially stock engines with only forged pistons and alot of tuning.
With the hks pfc and mahle pistons could i run something like this? Im planning on a zex DPNI. what do you guys think. Other than the drive train going into shock :gap: ?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't think the stock block could handle a 150 shot. This is your shopping list;

Mechanical;
Darton Dry Sleeved block
Wiseco Forged Aluminum low compression pistons
Crower Connecting rods - (Optional)
ACL/MWR Bearings (better to upgrade while you have it apart)
ARP head bolts

Nitrous and Tuning;

Direct Port nitrous kit of your choice that will support a 150HP shot.
Bottle warmer, Purge, gauges
APEXi PowerFC stand alone ECU (And professional tunning)
MSD Window Switch / WOT Switch of your choice

This will NOT be light on the pocket. You'll be money ahead to keep your internals stock and run 6-7PSI of boost via a turbo kit. And see roughly 250WHP more with supporting mods. 300WHP+ with a built lower end, similar to what you are looking at, engine wise, for the N2O. But don't forget a turbo is more reliable than N20, and it will make that power all day long every time you step on it, you don't have to wait for the juice to 'come alive' or refill your bottle after a busy night out.

The drive train will handle it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never mind ill stick with N/A . I was thinking the mahle pistons could handle the shot im guessing that the block is similar to a bb4 h22a4 with a fiber reinforced cylinder liners?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
you are correct, the block is similar the the preleude block and the Mahle pistons will do the trick, its teh tuning that will be expensive. the shopping list above is what you will need to run safely, stock bearing will go out on you, stock rods will support it, and ARP head studs are a must

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
300 is wayyyyyy too much to even hold traction anyway.

You'll be going VERY fast on something like 70 hp through nitrous @ the correct bottle pressure. This way you'll bring the costs listed above, down to like, a fifth!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
and if u are going to be tearing down the motor for the mahls, might as well work the head and get MWR valves and springs and circutworx oil pump gear just for alot more safty and a lil more power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really didnt know it would be that freaking hard ****. :monkey:
Sound like you guys have alot of faith in the 6 speed like its a getrag or some thing lol jk dont :puke:.
But you guys sound like you would know what to do. IF I would plot dough for the most part the rods/crank "could" take the abuse. Im not sure why you would want a hi-volume oil pump if any thing I think oem or trd(if optioned) would be fine. I would only get the exhaust valves because of the amount of heat produced. And for cams Im not to sure some say use turbo others say n/a but in reality N20 is a differnt breed. Im not worried about the air comming in as much as the air leaving to be honest i thought you guys would have suggested a nicer exhaust. From what Ive gathered from you guys.

For now I think Ill just install an extra bung :)bang:) on the b pipe or down pipe and use the JAW. Ill adjust the fuel through the jets. OH **** i just thought about the fuel system the celica used ****, if its not one thing its the mawfawking other, crap i seriously just got discouraged. :(

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
its not what we think, its what we KNOW. there are countless member on here that have done engine building and tuning themselves and many have had the misfortune of blowing up one or two.

in response to your post above.

the 6spd will take all the power you can throw at it. just get a clutch

why wouldnt you want a high volume oil pump? trd does not make one, hence why we didn't recommend a trd oil pump. the stock one are know to break on built motors and crack the casing.

why would you only get the exhaust valves done? an engine build is not something to do halfass

and i'm pretty sure exhaust isn't a must on N20 systems like they are a must for turbo setups, the turbo pushes more are through.

and i have no idea what you are talking about with the fuel system. never heard of someone just modding the injectors.

oh and if you think you power curve is crap now a 150 shot of N20 and it will be even worse

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
the oil pump gears i suggested is becuase the stock one is famous for letting go. its just alot more stronger and if u take out some of the weaknesses of the engine like oil pump gears/ springs/valves. it will be alot saffer to rev, and the head will flow a lil better.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Stock block will take whatever you throw at it. Crank too.
I read that the Mahle piston is coated in some lubricant in MWR.com "The most unique feature of these pistons is their special coating. Composed of lubricants as well as iron" so my question is will cryo treating damage the Mahle Piston's lubricant?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I totally forgot about fuel mods.

Large injectors
225LPH Fuel pump
Fuel Rail / FPR

Some more goodies, i'm not going into much detail seems how you are discouraged on the project. Just bolt on a S/C and be happy.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
A better exhaust, yes will help, but on the same note, so would Boosted's IM, 3" intake, PPE header, no cat, madrel bent mid-pipe and axle back. I'm just telling you what you need to run, and run it safely, not to how to bring more power out of it.

And wow dude, don't JUST replace the exhaust valves, replace both. I'm not even sure if you can just replace one side. lol. Get the I/E valves and valve springs together.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
my vlaves where coated (idk what they where coated with) but its suposed to help dissipate heat. u can look into that as well when u replace ur vlaves

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im thinking about just doing this.

First buying a wideband. Going to the track and doing 10 laps on test tune night. Record the avg a/f ratios.
Drive home and record the avg a/f rations.
Then ill purchase the kit and over jet the fuel nozzles. Untill I get an adequate a/f like 11:5.

IS tha a good idea for the time being? With say 2 degree colder plugs?

Or would the computer "learn" that too? :monkey:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yeah im calling zex tonite to see how they feel about the celicas compression and a DPNI kit. The smallest shot available is 50hp

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You can run 75 shot on a stock GT-S (internally), as long as you run wideband, piggy back, injectors, window switch, bottle warmer, colder plugs, free exhaust, all the proper equipment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts