NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
search engine pulled up nadda. anyway, i see the 4-5 screws to get the cowl off the windshield, but how do you get the windshield wiper frame and arm off and what not? im going to try to mount my sirius sat. antenna in there and see how well the reception is b/c i dont want that hidious thing on my car. :gap:

thanks guys. :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're talking about, but I'll give it a shot.

At the main base of the wiper arm, where the curve is... you'll see there's a small tab that flips up. On the very base tip, you can pry either a nail or a flathead screwdriver in there and flip up the tab (it's hard to explain, but you'll see what I mean if you look). It takes a little prying, cussing, and a few "**** it"'s, but you'll eventually get it flipped up.

After it's flipped up, there is a bolt in there you'll have to remove. It takes work also, it's hard to get nething in there.. I think I ended up working it loose with pliers. Once you finally get the bolt removed, you'll see that the wiper is still pretty secured altho nothing is holding it on. Twist and pull UP on the wiper at the same time, and it will eventually work its way loose.

This same process goes for the back wiper as well as the front.

Hope this is what you were asking, and be careful doing it... last time I did I learned one small slip and you'll come very close to losing a windshield.

celukagt
-dru.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate man, thanks for the reply. anyone else think i could mount my sirius satellite antenna in that thing without any problems or what?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts