NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently been having a really bad buzzing noise and i eventually found it it was the top of the heat shield on the exhaust manifold. Has this happened to anyone else with a GT. I know this happened to an other person but is there a reason peoples heatshields are crapping out?

Marc

PS: WCToyota sold me a new one for $ 80.00 and my local dealer wanted $ 105.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Mine cracked as well. Had it replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Mistrimeat said:
Does the buzzing sound like its coming from behind the glovebox?
that's the sound that has to do with something connected to the OEM amp right? or something like that?

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Well I don't have the OEM amp, its like a metallic vibrating sound thats really annoying between 3000-6000 RMPs.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
if someone can get a pick of this up, that would be great. there are quite a few noises i hear from 3000-6000rpm....

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
I thought I read something a while ago that it was a piece either of wire or metal behind the glove box making that noise, cuz I have it too.....I'm gonna gut my interior soon, so I'll drive it without the interior and see if the noise is still there...but I'll check the heatshield too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
About the buz under the dash...

Bang with moderate force on the passenger side dash to the right of the air bag. If it has a metallic buzzing/clanging noise a brace under the dash is vibrating or the stock amp (gts only) heat sink is rattling. GT's may have something else in place of the amp that rattles too, but I have a GTS.

I stuck a piece of hard closed-cell foam between the dash brace and the heat sink and no more noise for over 5k miles. Hope that helped :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Mine wasnt coming from the Glove Box. The heat shield is right behind the engine so just take a peak behind your engine and you should see it. I dont have Warranty anymore so i had to pay for this part. Well thanks for your help i hope we can figure out what everybody is hearing

Marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts