NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am really sorry if i’m asking a question that’s been asked before but i need some answers. Last week i got a corolla Ts with a 2zz and the first day i got home with it i got engine knock. No abuse from my side, but previous owner seemed to have trashed the car to death. Long story short, i have a really bad scratch on cylinder 1’s crankshaft and another bad scratch on cylinder 3’s intake camshaft. My question: can i use the crankshaft from the 140HP 2ZZ to fix my problem? Is there any difference at all between the crankshafts? What about the camshafts?(even tho more unlikely to be the same because of lift obvs)
Thanks in advance! If you got nothing helpfull to say, don’t say it. This situation has been consuming my soul enough as is :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
ask Monkey Wrench Racing, I've been picking their brains the last 3 months on what ifs questions... They've been prompt and courteous in their responses, my suggestion is go through them while you wait for a response here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The pictures are dead links, rhe cams are not enterchangable. Majoriy of the time the depth of scratches arnt what ruin bearings its where the marerial causes a high spot. Polish the crank and the cam with sime sanding pads from 3m and knock what ever high spot down oil will dill the scratchs depth so i wouldnt worry about that unless its lehit DESTROYED.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately the 2zz and 1zz crankshaft are not similar, one have shorter stroke and the other has longer stroke ,dimensional speaking they aren't compatible

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can also do what I did. Have the crankshaft ground down and get oversized bearings from MWR. Also monkeywrench has a brand new intake camshaft for only $122.55.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts