NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't actually purchased it but I believe his DISHONESTY is something to watch out for?

I was very interested in his S/C kit and has been asking a lot of detailed questions about the kit and his paypal information. I was quite ready to buy that off his hand and I suddenly realized that I didn't know what kind of "ported header" that he has it listed. So here I went asking him the question, and he said,

Crash GT-S said:
Boosted's ported header.
But when I look at his message history in December 2007, he had this,
Anyone recommend a specific header for the GReddy supercharger on a GT-S?? I ported my stocky but was curious to know if there was another header that offered more gains in unison with the charger?
Seems fishy huh? I wonder if he lied about the header and the kits detail, so I asked,
slider1982 said:
So you bought a boosted ported header at December 2007 after posting that question and you are selling the kit now? I was just about to paypal my money man...
And he said,
Crash GT-S said:
It was boosted's design. If you look at the pictures it's not hard to follow. He flow bench tested it. Completely identical. And I'm not concerned about your money, I have many other offers that aren't being as difficult as you are.

I believe we consumers have the right to know about every components of the kit before sending out $2500 on line to some forum member since:
1) He did not disclose all the information of the kit.
2) He did not post any picture of the kit itself.
3) He has no selling feedback on this forum.
4) He has no selling feedback on paypal.

And it was either boosted design or it was not, nuff said.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i understand that sending that much amount of money is risky but the boosted ported headers is the stock one, boosted2.0 is the one that ports them.

Originally Posted by Crash GT-S
Anyone recommend a specific header for the GReddy supercharger on a GT-S?? I ported my stocky but was curious to know if there was another header that offered more gains in unison with the charger?

Seems fishy huh?
well hes just asking if there's any better headers for the supercharger i dont see how it could be fishy :shrugs:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand that sending that much amount of money is risky but the boosted ported headers is the stock one, boosted2.0 is the one that ports them.
The thing is he ported his own header and he CLAIMED that it was boosted's ported header, and after i discovered that he was lying then he said it was a self ported one that copied boosted design by checking on the pictures and basically told me **** off coz he has other offers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
you should start a poll...and wait alteast 2 months for all the results to roll in. After considering the possibility of being screwed over...you should fly to japan and buy one from an actual G'reddy factory worker.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hahaha. Alright guys. Now I'm going to give a copy of our conversation from the GET GO. I'm selling this kit for 2,500 and it includes an injen intake, GReddy Support Tool, boost gauge, and the header. This should would be a 3,600 value! He would be getting the header for FREE OF CHARGE. IF anything, I'm the one getting ripped off! I've always kept my prices down because I'm not looking to beg for the highest dollar. He's getting a SUPERCHARGER AND BITCHING ABOUT A HEADER! This guy has been trying to bargain me to 2,200 dollars and asking me to leave certain pieces out of the kit. Now, if I was looking to screw someone, I wouldn't have even posted about the broken bracket that has been welded and reinforced. I would've sent it with the kit with a nice little note that stated "good luck". I understand he's trying to give me a bad rep, but no one is going to do any business with this guy because he's a hard case. Tell you what, Slider. If you want to know how Boosted does his port jobs?? You send him YOUR header with 300 bucks and it can be done. But, y'know, you could get a complete replicated port job for FREE with a SUPERCHARGER. Now quit your bitching.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
The matter at hand is that you claimed it to be a header ported by Boosted 2.0, when in fact it was a homebrew DIY job.

That's kinda like selling an eBay replica AEM cold air intake, and claiming it's AEM.
Sure it might be just as good as the real deal, but it's not AEM.

OP: If your going to spend money to make a supercharged 2zz, you should get a PPE header anyways, and just sell the ported header for a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
^X2, If you're so worried about the header not being legit, just leave it out. You don't even need a different header for that S/C!! Stop crying about it and either buy it or move on!!
I believe we consumers have the right to know about every components of the kit before sending out $2500 on line to some forum member since:

BTW, Neither do you!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not about the header man, I could care less about who ported it but what pisses me off is how the seller tried to lie about the component of the kit. Credibility of a seller gone down to drain when they even lie to you about minor things like that.
I truely wanted to buy that kit off this guy coz the price looks right especially after the increased price of a new one (although he included some random junk like the billet dip stick?) and that was why i asked so many detailed questions about it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Random junk?? The billet oil dipstick is a MUST HAVE for the greddy charger. The charger has to have clearance and the OEM oil dipstick is in the way. Do some research.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From what I just read, I'd say slider is the posterboy for a55hats everywhere. Crash did not lie about anything from what I can tell, slider misinterpreted it. Whats the difference between a ported header by boosted2.0 and one made in the same fashion following boosted's own instructions/idea. Its a freakin header... If I wanted to hear someone cry a river, I'd call justin timberlake, haha.

p.s. crash pm me if you still got that s/c

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I haven't actually purchased it but I believe his DISHONESTY is something to watch out for?

I was very interested in his S/C kit and has been asking a lot of detailed questions about the kit and his paypal information. I was quite ready to buy that off his hand and I suddenly realized that I didn't know what kind of "ported header" that he has it listed. So here I went asking him the question, and he said,

But when I look at his message history in December 2007, he had this,

Seems fishy huh? I wonder if he lied about the header and the kits detail, so I asked,

And he said,

I vouch for him! HE does have one feedback point from me. Thats all he needs :gap:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sounds kinda like he either failed to state the header clearly and you misinterpreted his meaning. It happens. Yes, he could have clarified it better. I think he was a little harsh with his treatment of you, but it is his product and can sell to whomever he wants for whatever reason, and has no obligation to be cordual if he does not wish to be. I think claiming he was lying is kind of a stretch.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
As far as the header goes there is a big difference between a Boosted header that has been proven on a flowbench and one that was ported and "looks" like a boosted port job. The seller should not have advertised it as a boosted header if he did the header porting himself. As far as the OP goes it sounds like you need to to take a chill pill. If you don't like the price for what you would be getting then don't buy it. If you don't like the so called "extra's" in the kit then ask for him not to send them. if he wants to lower the price because of it then fine but if he doesn't thats his decision.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I vouch for him! HE does have one feedback point from me. Thats all he needs :gap:
Honestly, if Tuan can vouch for him, he's gotta be a pretty legit guy. :gap:

On the other hand, slider, you're going overly anal on this. If you don't want the DIY header, don't use it. Yes, he should have been more specific, but let it slide. It's not THAT big of a deal.

Crash, good luck on your sale. :wiggle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts