NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have my first event this weekend (since the alignment) at our clubs largest lot.. (usually 60-63mph). Im interested to see the improvement in my times and how I hold up against the other cars I compete against.

Stats with me in the drivers seat.
F -2.1 deg.
R -1.3 deg.
Using 3 dot bolts.

www.cumberlandmotorclub.com is our website.

70-100 entrants per event usually so its small but we usually get 6 runs :):):):)

Anywho I cant wait for next year as between club events for the most seat time possible I plan on running NER SCCA events at Ft. Devens and NHIS. Also I certainly plan on attending Phase 1 at Evolution school at Devins in early April.. WEEE!

And, Ive come to the conclusion that autocross is the devil. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Camber specs sound good, but the Celica responds well to toe in-out as well, setting depends on shocks you are using and how you drive.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'd start budgeting for some better shocks, OEM are pretty dead >30K.
New OEM are OK if money is real tight, may be able to find a set of nearly new take-offs here.
Koni off the shelf single adjustables are far better, Fine for all but national level competition, can be custom valved or converted to double adjustable (rears) later.
Koni double adjustable custom valved conversions best, but quite expensive, best left to the top drivers with lots of experience.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye, Im looking towards STS next year as there is a 330ci sport package on victoracers and a IS300 with lsd on A032's in D stock in my club.. They put the beat down on me. :)

My goal this year and next is to get more seat time and keep learning as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts