NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, gonna make a long story short here...

One of my friends from school got in a car wreck a year ago where the guy involved ran from the scene. They found him, she got tons of settlement money.

She used that money to buy a 2004 GT-S auto (ick!), which she's had for about 2 months now. Anyways, early last week she was over visiting some friends at college and she was driving back on some country roads. The rumor is she might have had something to drink before hand (stupid stupid stupid if true) but in any case, she was going too fast and she took a corner and somehow flipped!?! her Celica. I do not know the whole story yet because of insurance reasons and whatnot but apparently she didn't hit a ditch or curb.. they're saying she hit gravel. Well their story may be full of sh** because I haven't seen the car since but I'm just trying to figure out how the hell she would flip a celica? I know there's a thread regarding flipping cars in a diff section but I thought I'd share my story. She's probably lying for insurance reasons, but I can't see flipping a 7th gen Celica on any type of surface including gravel.

P.S. On a lighter note she as well as her passenger are ok (which is of course my main concern). Also, I'm afraid to ask too early, but I'm sooo tempted to try to get the 2zz out of it for my car for cheap since it's totalled. I think the car only had 1800 miles on it *cries*

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blkcelica01 said:
she got tons of money and she bought a Celica? now thats crazy...
I know... it is odd but she's a girl and she though Celica's were cute. I don't think a Ferrari or anything of that sort would suit her fancy. Atleast she got the GT-S... although being an auto.

She got 6 figures of settlement money, but I think she was playing smart and using it for college and putting it into savings. Atleast that's more of a wise decision than I would make :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The car is low to the ground resulting in less wind going under it.

If she is going fast enuff and hits uneven pavement and bumps all over, a perfect angle would lift the car enuff where it could flip over easy after the air clears under.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. well then, i guess its possible to flip any car. suppose you gotta do the right thing at the right time at the right angle

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
read a story in an autocross where an m3 flipped.

something about a hard turn where the rubber and the metal of the rim interacted with the ground and just... flipped it.

and.... if the street is hard and there is soft mud right next to it, and u leave the road sideways, that'll do it also.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Celica's CAN flip. My gf totalled mine while only going 65 mph in a 70. It can happen. Although thru all the celica wrecks i've seen, we have a very good survival rate. I wasn't even stracted. We flipped twice, hit a mequite tree, landed nose first in a ditch. Came out with glass embedded in my skin from the wind shield and a MINOR concussion. And yes, before you ask..I did recieve major ***** after my gf wrecking my car..ahhh, tha good with tha bad.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Sean
Celica's CAN flip. My gf totalled mine while only going 65 mph in a 70. It can happen. Although thru all the celica wrecks i've seen, we have a very good survival rate. I wasn't even stracted. We flipped twice, hit a mequite tree, landed nose first in a ditch. Came out with glass embedded in my skin from the wind shield and a MINOR concussion. And yes, before you ask..I did recieve major ***** after my gf wrecking my car..ahhh, tha good with tha bad.

damn

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

If you can flip a car that is .5" off the ground and generates so much downforce that you could drive it on an upside down track, you can flip anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts