Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Last of the parts came in.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Well its been awhile since I updated but I've been running into some small issues. Mainly my fault. First I stripped the exhaust manifold bolt holes. Got that fixed then I picked up a new transmission from MWR with TRD LSD. While I was removing my selector shaft I broke one of the internals while trying to take the lever off because it slipped out of neutral. Anyway got that all figured out and the new part should be coming from Toyota shortly.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Well Ive ran into some huge headaches with the turbo build and my new LSD transmission. Fast forward and well the cars up and running. Its break in time before I dyno tune!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #165

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Update on my wife's Celica. Got her car on BC coilovers and some new shoes.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Lol I have yet to answer that question myself. Tbh she loves these cars as well. Half these mods are her idea

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Very glad you got a shot of the 03/C-One front and Trial V1 head to head like this, I have always wanted to see how they compare this way.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Its pretty hard for me to choose between the two. I really like both

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Its pretty hard for me to choose between the two. I really like both
Agreed, they both look fantastic, I just wish the Trial wasn't so rigid. I think I lean a bit toward the 03/C-One in part due to how low the lip sits, and in part for the practicality of more give/flex especially when the car is really low, and so is less prone to damage. Also easier to change out the lip than fix a rare Trial front.

But just to be sure, I fabricated myself a custom C-One matched scuffplate/splitter out of a highly abrasion resistant polymer to take all the scrapes instead of my C-One. When it finally does wear down, I just cut a new one and bolt it on to the lip, bam! :chuckles:

BTW, I currently have the same full bodykit as your pictured 040 (+ a Kami wing), recently picked up a Trial rear. I have always love that combo since I saw Jintei's and Bernie's cars. Both of your Celis are lookin good, keep it up. :cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lost my password and was not able to retrieve it. Anyway minor updates

·
Registered
24 Posts
This will be the last update..

Finally got my hands on a C-ONE V2 hood a month or so back and have completed the car. Although my wife still has her celica, sadly I will be leaving the Celica community. Priorities have changed and I am looking for a new project. Still undecided on what car but its been narrowed down to the mk4 Supra or FD RX7. Follow my instagram @chinulee for updates. Best wishes to you all.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,280 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOHHH....

whatever happened to "drive it till it dies or I die" and "Celica 4 life bro" ? :chuckles:

161 - 179 of 179 Posts