NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I used to own a Celica and then bought a 04 Matrix XRS that I've since sold. I blew the motor in the Matrix and scrambled to find a replacement motor. Upon removing it & disassembling it, i was able to repair it 100% without needing any of the motors I bought. So now I have 3 (three) 2ZZ-GE engines and a 2AZ-FE Rav4 in my garage that I want to get rid of. I got the engines from a rebuilder in NY who closed his business.

Obviously prefer local pick up and what not. I'm in Gambrills, MD 21054. They do not have manifolds or wiring and one is missing its valve cover. The 2AZ motor is the one under the shelf in this photo, the guy who sold me these mistook it for a 2ZZ but gave it to me anyways.

If anyone is interested in any or all of these motors let me know via PM or text me at (four 1 oh) ate 4 nyne - nyne ate 7 5. Thanks

Random pic of me removing the matrix's motor that I as able to salvage:

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts

·
2,644 Posts
haha, what i would probably do is swap in the one i buy ( with higher miles ), and keep my 2zz longblock with 11k miles on it in my shed or something so if it blows its not the new one

·
Lurker
376 Posts
This is awesome... 2zz goldmine! lol... if I didn't also have 2 other 2zz's this might peak my interest.

Do it Greg -- especially if you only have 10k miles on what you have now... you might be early enough to still drop in mahle's without sleeving. In the end that will save you big bucks...

-Alex

·
Lurker
376 Posts
You say that now...

-Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts