NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car for about a year and bought it knowing the cruise control doesnt work and i didnt really care for it for the past year but im moving back up north in about a month and itd be nice to have.

so basically whenever i push the cruise control button and try to engage it (regardless of the speed) nothing happens not even the light comes on.

Has anyone have this happen to them? what did you do to fix it?

much thanks!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Start by checking fuses. I don't recall if that runs through the multi-fuse or not, but a simple first step would be to check ALL fuses. I'll get some diagrams from work and get back tomorrow

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i checked the fuses when i first got it but i dont recall seeing one for the cruise control specifically on the diagram. Ill check again after work though and get back

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know where it'd be located? Or is it something built into the computer. I read somewhere that the wiring behind the steering wheel sometimes gets disconnected or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Did you check the plug that goes into the cruise control box in the engine bay? Maybe it got unplugged while back and u never notice it.. check that plug.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you check the plug that goes into the cruise control box in the engine bay? Maybe it got unplugged while back and u never notice it.. check that plug.
Got a chance today to check it out. The plug has a secure connection

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The first thing I would check is the spiral cable.

Using a multimeter, check for continuity the cruise control wiring to see if the spiral cable is OK..
Where is the spiral cable? Behind the steering wheel or the spindle on top of the actuator?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Does the horn work? Any srs light? If the spiral cable (clockspring for airbag) has snapped. Horn will stop working, cruise wont work either. But u will get the SRS light tgat pop up and stay lit.

I think hes talking bout the spiral cable inside the cruise control box in the engine bay. Like the one in the link I posted.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the horn work? Any srs light? If the spiral cable (clockspring for airbag) has snapped. Horn will stop working, cruise wont work either. But u will get the SRS light tgat pop up and stay lit.

I think hes talking bout the spiral cable inside the cruise control box in the engine bay. Like the one in the link I posted.
Horn works fine and there's no lights on the dash so I might try the link you posted ill have to run an get some electrical spray first. But the only thing is the cruise control light won't even come on so idk if its something with the actuator rather than a bad connection somewhere

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Wow. Thats weird. Not even dash light for cruise. I dont know man. I m stumped. Ill search and see where the cruise control brain is located. Once u find it, maybe someone round town with a celi can let u swap it to test.

·
Chilango
373 Posts
I have a 2003 and my cruise control also doesn't work.

Haven't fixed it because i never use it anyways, but wouldn't mind fixing it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts