NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the horn work? Any srs light? If the spiral cable (clockspring for airbag) has snapped. Horn will stop working, cruise wont work either. But u will get the SRS light tgat pop up and stay lit.

I think hes talking bout the spiral cable inside the cruise control box in the engine bay. Like the one in the link I posted.

I’m new here and I have a 2004 Celica that the cruise control doesn’t work either. My horn also doesn’t work and my airbag light is on as you had indicated before to being a clue of a certain issue. Please help, I registered but I’m not sure how this site works. Here’s my email.
Any help will be appreciated.
Lou

[email protected]

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,263 Posts
Sounds like it may be a blown multi-fuse., Lou.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like it may be a blown multi-fuse., Lou.
Thank you for the reply.

I ended up checking everything last night. I’m pretty sure it’s the “clock spring”.

A replacement every 15 years isn’t so bad.

Lou

·
15,263 Posts
I can see Horn & SRS being the steering wheel clock spring. But, I don't think cruise control goes through the steering clock spring. But, I can't say for certain that there might not be an impact. There is also an underhood cruise actuator spring on cabled throttle bodies. Cruise on fly-by-wire throttles is different.

·
15,263 Posts
Anything on the steering wheel runs through the clock spring.
The CC is on a column stalk, not the wheel. ;)

Uh, yeah, it is on the wheel. :(

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just a thought but are you sure your cruise control button on the steering wheel isn't bad? Check that with a multimeter.
^This. If the cruise light doesn't come on when you hit it, it's most likely the button isn't working or some electrical that sends the signal. Tough one to pinpoint and fix, but I'd start there.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
The CC is on a column stalk, not the wheel. ;)
This is what happens when I haven't even sat in my Celica since before Halloween. Can't even remember how the darn thing works inside, for some reason I was sure the stalk was on the wheel. Oh, because it is lol.

·
15,263 Posts
Lol.... :( guilty, too.... I'm in the winter car.... My bad!

Makes sense, then.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts