NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys just wondering who has a GT auto and wished they had gone with a 5spd GT. I have a GT 00 5spd and for various reasons wish i had gone with an auto. I am trying to decide the best and easiest way to make this happen...either trading in, trading with another individual, or letting someone do a swap on my car.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ElephantRider said:
Guys just wondering who has a GT auto and wished they had gone with a 5spd GT. I have a GT 00 5spd and for various reasons wish i had gone with an auto. I am trying to decide the best and easiest way to make this happen...either trading in, trading with another individual, or letting someone do a swap on my car.
is this a side effect of your past weekend sex change?

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
don't worry...i was lebaroned by matt 2...takes time but i'm ok w/it now. This guy justs wants to have a nice car and doesn't really care about peformance that much. You guys know traffic jams can be a b*tch with manual. This is a great opportunity for an auto that wants 5spd. Too bad you arn't a 6spd looking for a gts auto :(

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
on a few rare occasions ive wished i had an auto, like when im driving in traffic while talking on my cell phone and eating a cheeseburger, gets kinda rough.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
FL Honda Stompr said:
on a few rare occasions ive wished i had an auto, like when im driving in traffic while talking on my cell phone and eating a cheeseburger, gets kinda rough.
lol this special occasion calls for that one of a kind bad ass b*tch in ur passnger seat to work the shifter....

:chuckles:

-Dustin

·
Registered
128 Posts
Everyday i wake up and i'm so happy my car is not an auto, my last car(99 civic ex auto coupe) sucked ass. You cant due shi t to an auto, so slow. Look at the GT quarter mile times, auto= 17.6 and 5 speed= 15.8 , thats 2 secounds faster for the same care that even costs less and experince way less tranny problems!

·
Registered
128 Posts
my old 99' auto civic ex with exhuast, cam gear, and cai did an 18.8 quarter mile at great lakes dragway, sloooooowwwwwwww, thank god for my 5 speed

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My advice to you is to trade your car as a whole unit or trade in to dealer and buy a stick. It is WAY harder to go from stick to auto than it is from auto to stick, and going from auto to stick is no walk in the park either, You would have to swap the following parts:

ECU
Tranny
flywheel/flexplate
shifter
shift cables
pedal assembly
Engine wiring harness
Main wiring harnesses
Combo meter
clutch master
Brake master cylinder (or at least resivoir)
Radiator
trans cooler hoses
clutch hydraulic lines

And theres probably more stuff that I'm forgetting. PLUS it voids your warranty. Just not worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts