NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update!

Stuart Appleby's M5 Ute
Back in 2008, PGA Tour golfer Stuart Appleby had his E39 BMW M5 turned into a ute by Australian custom shop Southern Rod.

We dig the finished product, and we dig that Appleby doesn't care what people think of it. Along the way, the car got a sport suspension to go along with the 460-horsepower engine, thanks to a chip, headers and exhaust.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
I want. Would be a fun car to drive.
Yea, but you have to wonder how that handles. Weight distribution would be shot to hell.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Yea, but you have to wonder how that handles. Weight distribution would be shot to hell.
After hearing it, I don't care.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7lgu4pmz1U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

****ty camera but still

·
Super Moderator
44,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!

BMW reveals M3 pick-up
Despite substantial modifications at the rear, in particular to the suspension, the M3 pick-ups still weighs in 50kg under the M3 convertible’s 1885kg kerb weight. Wind tunnel tests have also revealed the pick-up to be as slippery as an M3 Coupe.

The M3 pick-up boasts high levels of practicality to match the performance. The maximum load capacity has been raised to 450kg and a trailer tow hitch features on an M3 for the first time. The cargo area is clad in aluminum sheeting and it is capable of storing up to 20 golf bags.

It also comes with a removable targa roof that sheds a further 20kg and lowers the center of gravity when it is removed.

BMW claims to have gone through all the necessary requirements to make the pick-up legal for road, which has led to it officially being classified as a truck.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Ok, or I could buy a used F-150 and a new M3....

Is there really a market segment for truck drivers who want a luxury sports car too?

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Is there really a market segment for truck drivers who want a luxury sports car too?
No idea, but I would buy one just for the fun if I had the money to.

Looking at the one M made, don't like it. I like the black one up there the best.

The m3 pickup is to short and awkward looking, the bed needs to be a little longer.

·
Super Moderator
44,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No idea, but I would buy one just for the fun if I had the money to.
It's a special one-off M vehicle that's not meant for production. I bet it would sell well in Australia because they have a lot of these types of vehicles.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
It's a special one-off M vehicle that's not meant for production. I bet it would sell well in Australia because they have a lot of these types of vehicles.
Ok, that I could see. It just seems like making truck part of it better (i.e. increased capacity in both size and weight) goes against making the sports car part better (weight, balance) and vice versa.

I agree though, I like the black one from further up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts