NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, working at Tweeter sure has its benefits. One of my installers tonight decided to help me install my gauge and went a little crazy with it. I was just going to mount it up on the dash board but we decided because the color of the trim on the A'pexi gauges matches almost identical to the trim around the vents that we should mount it in there. Well, here is the finished product. It looks stock!

Lights Off:

Lights On:

Opinions wanted...

Also, here are some pics of my new Alpine CDA-9815 H/U.

-Tim

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MilinGTS said:
tim got a wrx?
congrats tim! welcome to the club. i usd to talk to you a while back about how much i loved your celica.

best of luck with the new car...it looks nice.

dont make it undriveable! its very easy to do on WRX (i did it to my celica) hp limit before it gets to be too much is about 400.
Yep, picked her up about 1.5-2 months ago. Loving every minute of it so far. It could use some more torque, my Jetta had more than this car :( I plan on making it a torque monster, not going all out HP. Some of the TurboXS stage kits have an unbelievably nice torque curve on them that makes it very attractive to me for purchasing. I've heard 300hp to the crank is about all the stock tranny can take.
Msg me on IM sometime, talk some WRX talk - BeLowMe81

Silverbullet: What can I say, im a suburban white gangsta by heart.

-Tim

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looks good man, like the placement. Too bad Jamn plays sh!tty music 95% of the time huh?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah they do, everytime I turn it on its either 50 Cent or LL Cool J. I like 50 cent but LL can eat a saq.

-Tim

·
Registered
857 Posts
tim, 300 to the crank is about the limit for reliable hp under HARD driving.

the TXS stage IV can go on stock tranny you just cant launch as hard.

a solution lotsa ppl are doing is putting a turbo big enough that it only fully spools in 2nd and 3rd gear completley.

that way 1st gear isnt snapped like everyone seems to be doing.

another trick is to let the car shift 1-2 a litle slower (i.e. not forcin it in like i know you can on jettas)

its a load of fun but its 100% how you drive the car (true for all AWD's)

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Ill have my SR40 in by next month (if it ever passes customs!!!) so Im hoping I can get another 35,000 miles out of my tranny. Then its a 6 speed!!!

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
BTW: If you want Torque... 2.5L Head.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Hey man, how's the 9815? I'm waiting on that HU but seems to be out of stock everywhere....although a Tweeter just opened near my house....

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
The problem is Im going to end up spending the money I can already feel it...

Kaminari hood and TXS FMIC :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THanks for the suggestions Millin. No idea how crazy I wanna take this thing yet.

Xyr: im loving the 9815. A lot of customizing you can do to the system. BTW, shop at Tweeter. I work there so I am a little biased :)

-Tim

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Hey Millin had a change in plans. Looks like I am sticking with my iON Hybrid. From what I hear it flows more than the SR40 and spools like an SR30

1 - 20 of 20 Posts