NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a standart TRD exhaust, and a hotshot header. (Soon to have K&N SRI)

I was just wondering if there's anything to be gained by getting a custom downpipe or any other custom exhaust work done ?

I would like to retain the nice subtle bassey sound I have now, would any of this kind of work compromise that or my emissions ?

Thanks so much in advance !

-Greg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell yeah! I'm from the Golden/Lakewood area. I see you're from A-Town:gap:

We need to have a Celi meet !

·
Registered
301 Posts
take out the cat will give you about 5 hp but make it alot louder and if you are in an emissions state would would most likely fail. or you could keep stock car and resonator and make your hole exhaust pipe 2.5 mandral bent pipeing

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take out the cat will give you about 5 hp but make it alot louder and if you are in an emissions state would would most likely fail. or you could keep stock car and resonator and make your hole exhaust pipe 2.5 mandral bent pipeing
Would that effect my TRD exhaust and would it make the car sound ricer razzy ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What can I expect with moving to the 2.5 in piping ?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
a small jump in power, prolly from 2k up. if its a gt-s then good gains up top. mod the o2 sensor, its stickied in the installs), and get 6 generic flanges. cut the cat out and weld 2 flanges on the pipe, 2 on the cat, and 2 on a piece of pipe thats as long as the cat. that way, you can unbolt the cat for a straight pipe when you go to the track...DONT SHOOT!! j/k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts