NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a turbo and need to do custom piping. has anyone have the exhaust slanted to the right side since it would make the piping even straighter instead having a another bend to go to the hole where the exhaust should be? have any pics? and would that free up more air?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
m.aurelius said:
I am getting a turbo and need to do custom piping. has anyone have the exhaust slanted to the right side since it would make the piping even straighter instead having a another bend to go to the hole where the exhaust should be? have any pics? and would that free up more air?
be careful with that - not saying not to do it - just that the exhaust system moves around as you drive - you need to make sure you have adequate clearance to the tunnel both so that the exhaust doesnt hit and so that theres some air boundry to prevent too much heat transference to the body.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
Hey man,
A member named Keyshawn (first XS turbo kit) had his exhaust custom fabricated this way. He has a muffler shop mandrel bend stainless steel piping and used a JIC Magic Titanium Bullet Muffler at the end. It was the turbo version (3" inlet) for the muffler. Check this thread for pics.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114815&highlight=custom+exhaust

Also, stay tuned because my company is just about to finish up our first full titanium catback exhaust for turbo Celica's. My suggestion to you is to do as I did. Have your muffler shop fabricate a custom 3" midpipe and use a 3" inlet/outlet high flow cat. Then you could look into purchasing our titanium catback exhaust.

It will come in two versions - high flow 3" inlet muffler, or no muffler. Both have tips with our logo laser engraved on them.

Like I said, stay tuned.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by aerospike2002
Hey man,
A member named Keyshawn (first XS turbo kit) had his exhaust custom fabricated this way. He has a muffler shop mandrel bend stainless steel piping and used a JIC Magic Titanium Bullet Muffler at the end. It was the turbo version (3" inlet) for the muffler. Check this thread for pics.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114815&highlight=custom+exhaust

Also, stay tuned because my company is just about to finish up our first full titanium catback exhaust for turbo Celica's. My suggestion to you is to do as I did. Have your muffler shop fabricate a custom 3" midpipe and use a 3" inlet/outlet high flow cat. Then you could look into purchasing our titanium catback exhaust.

It will come in two versions - high flow 3" inlet muffler, or no muffler. Both have tips with our logo laser engraved on them.

Like I said, stay tuned.

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated. I probally won't need it since mine will be customly made, but I think the others here would be interested.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
aerospike2002 said:
Hey man,
A member named Keyshawn (first XS turbo kit) had his exhaust custom fabricated this way. He has a muffler shop mandrel bend stainless steel piping and used a JIC Magic Titanium Bullet Muffler at the end. It was the turbo version (3" inlet) for the muffler. Check this thread for pics.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114815&highlight=custom+exhaust

Also, stay tuned because my company is just about to finish up our first full titanium catback exhaust for turbo Celica's. My suggestion to you is to do as I did. Have your muffler shop fabricate a custom 3" midpipe and use a 3" inlet/outlet high flow cat. Then you could look into purchasing our titanium catback exhaust.

It will come in two versions - high flow 3" inlet muffler, or no muffler. Both have tips with our logo laser engraved on them.

Like I said, stay tuned.
Sounds great - all except the part about the cat - I hate cats :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
Sounds great - all except the part about the cat - I hate cats :)
:werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
Sounds great - all except the part about the cat - I hate cats :)
Sorry Boosted and Bing....I love cats. I'm an environmental freak.

We may look into developing a true "downpipe-back" exhaust, but we are trying to keep the final costs down. It would require a rather large amount of titanium piping.
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
15,564 Posts
aerospike2002 said:
Sorry Boosted and Bing....I love cats. I'm an environmental freak.

We may look into developing a true "downpipe-back" exhaust, but we are trying to keep the final costs down. It would require a rather large amount of titanium piping.
I respect your dedication to the environment even if I don't share it. Well.... to be honest I call Tomcat a ***** all the time for wanting to keep his cat so I guess I don't like REALLY respect it - but hey - to each their own.

Maybe just slap some flanges on the cat and sell a test pipe section to swap in as an accesory for the track?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,899 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
I respect your dedication to the environment even if I don't share it. Well.... to be honest I call Tomcat a ***** all the time for wanting to keep his cat so I guess I don't like REALLY respect it - but hey - to each their own.

Maybe just slap some flanges on the cat and sell a test pipe section to swap in as an accesory for the track?
:chuckles:

Will look into it captain!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top