NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pricing a stainless steel exhaust and I was told it'd be best to do it from right after the Catalytic converter, on.. Yes? No? This would be getting rid of the resonator and making it 2.5" all the way out.

Thing is the area I'm in doesn't have mandrel bending but what the shop owner likes to do is swing the pipe wider for curves instead of straight bending it like most others do.
Seems like a good price at 200 for the job.

Whatcha think performance wise, how it might sound and any gas mileage gain?

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would get mandrel bent no matter what

and ya right after the cat would be the best way to go, but i would put some kind of muffler on there, because 2.5" all the way back would be pretty loud, but if thats what you want then go for it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much!!! thats the answer i was hoping for.. I WILL definately look several more times for mandrel bent--but if he's the only answer then i'll be going with him cause he's done 3 other vehicles we have. Thanks again!!

Also, I actually had a 3" muffler w/ adjustable silencer to put with it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright--I've tried every exhaust shop in the yellow pages.. all saying the same thing. One person put it like this,
"I ain't know of someone with a mandrel bender this side o' teh mississippi"

so...

I think my only possible option is seeing if someone can order the prefabricated mandrel bends and welding it all together.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
or... as it seems--no one wants to do that... guess i'm left with the original idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts