NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys I made an custom intake manifold for 2zz-ge engine and fit on Toyota celica gts, matrix xrs and corolla xrs and is a great performance upgrade with alot of gains

The intake itself made +8WHP and +6ibs torque on the dyno with stock ecu and installed with the same mods.

Here is the link of the dyno run :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3q9qxfvdlA

The car is a celica gts 2000 with stock ecu.
It has 2.75p short ram with aem filter.
ebay exhaust.
decat.
and obviously the custom intake manifold.

The custom intake manifold have 4x 48mm billet itb on each runner. the intake is running on the stock throttle body and a relocation of the iac.
the intake is bolt on 2zz engine

The car output 181/133 whp on a mustang dyno. Before the installation of the intake manifold it did output 173/127 whp

It is made from a Toyota matrix/corolla runner since you can separate the runner from the plenum. I could frabricate for serious person who would be interested price would be 800$
Canadian. pm me for any question or order :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dyno sheet from the results (be careful when reading since the scale aren't the same)

Here is the dyno sheet of the first run :
*ebay exhaust
*stock ecu
*2.75 inch cai with aem filter
*decat
*stock intake manifold

Here is the dyno sheet of the second run :
*ebay exhaust
*stock ecu
*2.75 inch cai with aem filter
*decat
*custom intake manifold

Be careful when reading torque curve since it's not the same scale :/ dyno is expensive here in montréal i am sorry of the quality from the sheet but dyno results really are honest. I took the results from the best runs i've got from both setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alternative

Yes ia m actualy working on an alternative.

the first one would be to solder the runner on the plenum instead of the eurethane scellant which doesn't look good.

my second alternative is to make a round shape for the plenum instead of the ''box shape'' but it could lower the performance. Since the actual plenum of this first prototype is a box shape, the calculs relative to the volume of the plenum was easy to do.

What do you think guys would you rather have a cylinder plenum shape or a box shape ?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Needs more work. Just wanted to point out that 8whp can be the difference between a heatsoaked engine and a cool one too, so you need to document that aspect better of the dyno session too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
^^ But like I said, keep working on it. I buggered up my intake manifold trying to "polish" it, so it looks terrible in my engine bay.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gonna be a tough sale. The celica community is dead and DDPR manifold is very pretty with good power gains as well. But great job on the build!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Needs more work. Just wanted to point out that 8whp can be the difference between a heatsoaked engine and a cool one too, so you need to document that aspect better of the dyno session too.
Well actually before the dyno it was an cold air intake in the bumper when i dynoed it. now it's a short ram intake. I dyno it on the same dyno. The second day I tested it was at least 5 degrees hotter outside

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna be a tough sale. The celica community is dead and DDPR manifold is very pretty with good power gains as well. But great job on the build!
Thank you really much what you see here is a prototype of the actual intake which the custom plenum is welded on the runners. of course a polish would me awesome but i tought to offer waterdipping

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ But like I said, keep working on it. I buggered up my intake manifold trying to "polish" it, so it looks terrible in my engine bay.
I'lll weld the plenum on the runners and polish everything next year so you can see the result. but i am the kind of guy who is more oriented to results than the look

1 - 12 of 12 Posts