NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here tried to modify there Kazuma exhaust by adding a long resonator and a 2.5 in/out cat high flow cat? If so, how did it sound? Did the resonator help at all muffling the sound? What brand and how long of a resonator did you guys end up using. I am assuming the longer the resonator the more it will muffle the sound of the exhaust.

I plan on doing this when I get my Kazuma exhaust. Any tips will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Just replace your stock resonator, with the one your talking about and leave evrything else alone. If you plan on adding a cat, Why not just get the standard trd?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
all that adding kills the point of the exhaust... and the exhaust is freaking loud... but with FI it makes it little less noisy... but still not low enough

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Don't even waste your money on the Kazuma.

Just install a 2.5" straight pipe with a high flow cat and resonator.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slidr said:
Don't even waste your money on the Kazuma.

Just install a 2.5" straight pipe with a high flow cat and resonator.
but i would want it all maderal bends. the kazuma that i am getting is used and is at a really really good price.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Well in that case go for it.

It still won't be street legal, so you may as well leave the cat and resonator off.

I doubt your car is street legal to begin with, so why the resonator?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
VoodooTRD said:
but i would want it all maderal bends. the kazuma that i am getting is used and is at a really really good price.
call up Hass and ask if they would sell you a exhaust set up seperate from the turbo kit...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
emotart said:
all that adding kills the point of the exhaust... and the exhaust is freaking loud... but with FI it makes it little less noisy... but still not low enough
I know for turboed car's it makes the exhuast a bit quiter compared to stock n/a. But for a s/c it's going to act the same way as n/a or even louder.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to run 2.5" all the way. I know after the stock cat it becomes 2.25".

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slidr said:

It still won't be street legal, so you may as well leave the cat and resonator off.

I just don't want to be too LOUD. I'm sure with a long resantor it would tone it done a bit

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
VoodooTRD said:
I know for turboed car's it makes the exhuast a bit quiter compared to stock n/a. But for a s/c it's going to act the same way as n/a or even louder.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to run 2.5" all the way. I know after the stock cat it becomes 2.25".
You could just replace that section and bolt up your current cat-back exhaust, or just remove the cat-back and run with an open pipe from the cat back.

Kind of the same deal as adding that stuff to a Kazuma.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slidr said:
You could just replace that section and bolt up your current cat-back exhaust, or just remove the cat-back and run with an open pipe from the cat back.

Kind of the same deal as adding that stuff to a Kazuma.

my current axel back is just crush bent thats why i want to replace it.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
VoodooTRD said:
slidr said:

I just don't want to be too LOUD. I'm sure with a long resantor it would tone it done a bit
The resonator qon't help much at all. It's basically the same as running the stock exhaust system with the axle back unbolted: loud and annoying. You'll need a real muffler to get the Kazuma close to street legal, and at that point, the exhaust will be so hacked up, it would've been cheaper to get a completely custom setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts