NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ben pricing parts fo a turbo kit and it all came up to somewhere around $2500(including tuning) I was just wondering... is it worth doing? Will I recieve gains anywhere near a reg. kit? all comments welcomed... thank you very much

Frankenstein...

·
Registered
759 Posts
how could we know if you have given us ZERO details, if your asking a question like this, then you shouldet be trying to build your own kit. call C2 or hass and save yourself a BIG headache.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
boardernr said:
if your asking a question like this, then you shouldet be trying to build your own kit. QUOTE]

x2
there no cheap way out unless your a tuner who knows what ur doing.
think more like 6 grand+ for kit, install, power fc, dyno tuning.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
read the turbo FAQ - plenty of DIY kit info in it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteCeli65 said:
6 grand is the exteme good way to go.

It can be done for less but think of it this way, the cheaper you go, the higher the chance of you breaking something.
not always true... people buy brand new kits n they break too... My brother is a tuner and we have "connections" on parts for the kit... I was just wondering if it would be a good idea or not..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Stock2gGt said:
not always true... people buy brand new kits n they break too... My brother is a tuner and we have "connections" on parts for the kit... I was just wondering if it would be a good idea or not..
The money you save on parts will just be spent on fabrication. Save yourself time and hassle and just go with proven kits.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow... thanx... best response i've seen... thanx for not butcherin' the thread or "flamin'" me... I guess i'll just have to go C2...

Frankenstein...

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Stock2gGt said:
Wow... thanx... best response i've seen... thanx for not butcherin' the thread or "flamin'" me...

^^Noob!
You spoke too soon :gap:
hahaha just playing

Stock2gGt said:
WhiteCeli65 said:
6 grand is the exteme good way to go.

It can be done for less but think of it this way, the cheaper you go, the higher the chance of you breaking something.
Have your brother tuned a Celica yet?
You could probably go with E-Manage using injector harness controlling injector directly so stock ECU can not tune the adjustments out, but with E-manage you can't control VVT nor the lift (if you have GTS) which would gain you more power.

Many tuner do not know Celica ECU will write over adjustments you do on the piggyback like the SAFC, so you have to go with something good or a standalone which means $700 right there.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Stock2gGt said:
Wow... thanx... best response i've seen... thanx for not butcherin' the thread or "flamin'" me... I guess i'll just have to go C2...

Frankenstein...
Boosted2.0 said:
read the turbo FAQ - plenty of DIY kit info in it.

Read the FAQ and you can see the experiences of MANY people with custom kits and the advice they have to give and the average cost.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
yes i started with an XS kit, but everything from that kit is gone now. my kit is compleatly custom. Jesse still has for the most part an XS kit, but he has made a few modifications with improvement.

I remember XS claiming to have 2 years R&D on that kit, and now i highly doubt they put 2 days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts