NewCelica.org Forum banner

Would you be willing to buy a hoodscoop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i'm thinking about sinking my teeth into the fabrication business, and start off by making hoodscoops, they'll be made of polyU and will come primed and if desired painted (For painting please send color code and allow time, there will be an extra charge, the actual amount i am not sure of yet), i will be making my own design, it will be similar to the C-ONE scoop tho. with a couple of extras . I'm thinking price to start off at around 100 bucks for the first 12? and according from there we will move on to maybe 200/150 depending on how big of a hit this is plus shipping
NOTE: This is the cost WITHOUT the painting.

I NEED feedback from anyone and EVERYONE. so PLEASE let me know what you guys think. I will be looking for ideas such as height, do you want a metal mesh in it so that it stops bugs and debree from flying in, and other things. right now i dont think i will be making any CF items as they are more expensive to make and i am JUST trying to sink my teeth in them.

Painting will be done by a professional Auto shop in my town. this guy works on restoring cars so you can be sure it will be done right. i do not trust places like Maaco and such. I've heard horrible things about their service and it's because they are about quantity vs quality. this guy owns his own little shop and although it's a bit more expensive, it'll last a LOT longer.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
new vendor? lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill buy if you make one like the c one
it's not going to be exactly like the c-one but very similar with some SMALL fin like protutions on top so it can also be a bit more aerodinamic

new vendor? lol
probably, depending on the outcome and response from YOU guys. again, this is a product for YOU the clients. it's gonna be something to meet (hopefully) some of your wants and desires. i'll have the design sketched tomorrow, scanned, painted, and posted tomorrow afternoon ET
You will have to get a vendor status on here before you can do that I believe.
yea i know, but i havent offered any products yet so im not breaking any rules, im simply trying to get some input in this as too how much material i should get so that i can start with production. once i get enough input, i'll get a vendor's license and start selling them

·
VTEC just kicked in yo!!!
3,676 Posts
I see what you're saying, good luck :thumbup:

I might be down for a scoop in the future depending on how it looks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW these scoops will be test fitted on my car...every single one. my goal is 100% customer satisfaction (by that i mean no fitment issues or damage upon receiving the scoop) i will concider making these out of fiberglass if anyone is interested, it will probably cost just about the same as there is a bit more prepping needed to be done with fiberglass and more time consuming. although it is a cheaper material to work with, the time put into it will raise the cost to close to the polyU.

to those that are checking out the site, you dont have to buy one or put dibs or anything, just let me know if youd CONCIDER buying one and give me some input. that's all im asking for right now

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm in granted some creativeness flourishes in designs. Good Luck man.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
make it look more like the tsunami with better prices and it will sell.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
i'm down with it. i could used a raised scoop.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
im not big on the tsunami look. it looks like its oem but taller :/
if youve been around this forum for any length of time you'd know it was a very sought after design.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Depending on the design, I'd definitely be willing to get one!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if youve been around this forum for any length of time you'd know it was a very sought after design.
yea i know. if things shoot off well i'll start making different designs and the tsunami will deff be one of em, but for now i want to make my own design and my own version. i dont want to be just another replicator. i wanna be an innovator :)
Depending on the design, I'd definitely be willing to get one!
come back today at around 1pm eastern time i'll have pics posted up ;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.