NewCelica.org Forum banner

Would you be willing to buy a hoodscoop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
You'd best avoid anything with fins, extended protrusions and whatnot. It's all very Fast and Furious and won't fit in with the current Celica crowd.

Stick to what's tested and true: C-One style and Tsunami style. Those will sell very well if built correctly and sturdy.

·
Executive
162 Posts
No go on the fins please.. 'simple and clean' should be the concept ;)

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Sorry but no looks riced out imo. Not a fan of the raised scoops anymore since getting the tsunami sciop. Tsunami scoop is cleaner looking imo. Maje a replica of that and more ppl would be interested.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
okay so i think ive gathered a sufficient amount of feedback. it seems that most people want the regular c-one/tsunami style. so in order to meet customer's demand i will make two very similar to the c-one and tsunami (they wont be EXACT replicas but more of look alikes) very simple and clean designs. i WILL make molds of a raised scoop similar to the one i sketched up. i'll have the c-one body, the fin in the middle, and only TWO (2) :) small fins on top. there still seems to be some people who WOULD like them with the fins on top, and although its not a lot. id like to cater to their needs aswell. so with these molds i'll make the cali-style( could that be a solid name?) to order. the c-ones and tsunami clones will be made in bulks as to meet demand.

Thank you everyone for your input in this. i'll maintain the poll open as to see how big of a sale this is and if there are any ideas you guys have that would like to see like a scoop with a huge fin in the middle so that it goes along with shark week :D or a extra raised scoop, let me know and i'll try to accomodate

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Told you tsunami, lol for $100 thats a damn good price. keep us updated

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
well like i said the first 10 will be going for a cheaper price as a sort of "promotional event" after that the price will go back to normal (150) which is still not a bad price at all concidering how most replicas are 200-300

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
hey guys, just a heads up on what's going on. After much consulting with the company that will be providing most of my materials, i have decided that in order to make the product even better, i will be integrating the polyU with fiberglass cloth in order to maintain durability and reduce sagging. the price will not rise much, probably 10-15 dollars. again like i've always said, this is to meet the consumer's needs. so any inputs and ideas that you guys may have or want to see happen, pm me or post it and i'll try my best to accomodate

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
would it really 'sag' that much given the fact it only spans about a foot distance? plus if you make it with oem mounting points, you'll have metal reinforcement from the air guide below...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
i guess it wouldnt really sag that much, if any at all. im going full out on this. im using the best resin the company can provide considering the situation. i guess i wouldnt need to put the fiberglass cloth, if people are REALLY that worried about sagging i can put like a metal rib for support it'd be pieces of metal about the thickness of clothehangers. but i really dont think it'd sag. first casting will be in about 3 weeks time. i'll probably make about 5 at first (1 with fins, 2 tsunami styled and 2 c-one styled)

·
Registered
117 Posts
c-one please. Thanx.
not a fan on your design. but then again i would have to see the finished product on a celi then I'd be able to make my final decision.
It looks like if it doesn't get that aggressive look your going for it'll surely look ricey.
Just my imput.

·
Premium Member
6,652 Posts
Alright, there will be interest. This seems quite clear.

I'm closing this thread now because this section is meant for people wanting to sell items, not to gain interest.
You have a thread in the fabrication forum: http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=335706
That is the proper place to continue discussing this subject, so please continue there.

If you wish to pursue this project, your next step must be to contact Larryd to obtain a vendor status membership. The rules are quite clear and must be followed precisely, since other sellers, with similar items, have already gone through with the process themselves.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll bring to the community.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.