NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i am about to get the XS turbo kit, and im looking to get a custom exhaust. Does anyone have any suggestions on the muffler? I think i am leaning towards apex n1. Does anyone know where i can order titanium piping? Is it possible to get this mandrel bent to make the custom exhaust? thanks

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I remember reading that it's difficult to do bends on titanium, it's therefore preferred to perform piecut welds to form the bends. Obviously, this is time intensive...and as we all know, time is money...IMO, I would wait and get the exhaust when you have the turbo kit...at that point, you'll probably want something big like 3" piping to maximize the gains...if you run 3" piping without F/I, you'll have no torque...

Usman

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know, i plan to get this after the kit on. i was just wondering about the titanium piping. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Well... from a welder's standpoint... most shops can only weld steel. Titanium is really hard to weld and bend for that matter. Best shot is to go with aluminiun but then again most shops cant weld that either. The easiest type of welding is MIG welding and that kinda welding can only do basically steel "effectively." It can weld other metals too but not very percise or neat. Check with the muffler shop if they have the equipment to bend and weld titanium before you buy any. As for the stuff itself. It can be special ordered at metal supplies shops. This place called blue collar supply in Sac im pretty sure does it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
If you want a titanium exhaust that bad you would probably be better off getting the veilside exhaust, or i believe the trial exhaust is also titanium. Titanium isnt the easyest stuff to work with as with the points SuuPaSeDan made.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hey aznleo28 are you on the first 5 with me? Im going through the same thing as you. I just bought an N-1 Turbo Exhaust. Now i just have to get the piping done. I am going to talk to XS about it while they are doing the turbo kit. See if I can do an all in one. Im sure they could install it with the kit if you have to muffler. Thats what i am going for at least.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Korben007 said:
Hey aznleo28 are you on the first 5 with me? Im going through the same thing as you. I just bought an N-1 Turbo Exhaust. Now i just have to get the piping done. I am going to talk to XS about it while they are doing the turbo kit. See if I can do an all in one. Im sure they could install it with the kit if you have to muffler. Thats what i am going for at least.
hehe yup, i just got the hks titanium muffler. When is your date to install the kit?i am going there on the 31st. i was thinking about asking them to install that and gauges as well.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
What gauges were u going to get. It does not come with any yet does it? I was probably going to get the EL 2 by Apex like boost EGT Fuel Pressure, and I dont know one more i think? yeah im going to call and ask them about the exhaust tomorrow.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im thinking about the EL2 as well. do you know why it is cheaper than the the first EL series? What are the lowest price you found? I called them about the gauge and exhaust install, and they said it would be extra...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I've also been thinking about what exhaust setup I should go with. I love Trial's and Veilside's titanium exhausts, but they were made for n/a Celicas and are a little too small for my setup, as far as pipe diameter goes. I wonder if there is an alternative that might be almost as light, but with piping big enough (at least 2.75 in) for a turbocharged Celi?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i called a couple of muffler shops, and they suggested aluminum. I have the hks titanium muffler with 3 inch piping. i heard some sound clips and just fell in love with it. haha did u get your gauges installed by XS yet keyshawn? Also does the piping look like after the turbo? ARe the 02 sensors and cat still there? thanks

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
aznleo28 said:
...did u get your gauges installed by XS yet keyshawn? Also does the piping look like after the turbo? ARe the 02 sensors and cat still there? thanks
My gauges will probably be in by the end of the month. I kept the cat on and O2 sensors in my setup. How much is HKS's titanium muffler? Where can I get pics and more info on it? Thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i found all my info on it searching using yahoo's search engine. Just search hks titanium muffler. i got mine pretty cheap at 300 on ebay. Every where i looked, it was around 400 with shipping. Hey did u find a gauge pod to fit 60mm gauges? i can' t find one that for our a pillar that is designed for 60mm. they are all 52mm. Im thinking about just buying the 52mm and using a dremmel and bore it out...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts