NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know how to cut the car fuel line to put a T for the nitrous fuel line. Is it just cutting it with a knife or I need any tool?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i would think any kind of knife/box cutter would work. Just don't use any type of plier type cutting tools, so that you dont kink it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you got the money I would definately recommend getting the fuel rail so you dont have to cut the fuel line because leak are a bitch to seal, and they are a common problem if not done right.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
SpankinGT-S said:
If you got the money I would definately recommend getting the fuel rail so you dont have to cut the fuel line because leak are a bitch to seal, and they are a common problem if not done right.
This is excellent advice. The stock line it hard plastic - it is not designed to be cut and spliced. You are much better off using a fuel rail and running new rubber fuel line and using a proper fitting for the nitrous takeoff.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
yah i'd get the fuel rail as well.. unfortunately it wasn't available when i installed my nitrous kit. anyways.. i used a pair of dikes (sp?) or scissors i can't rememebr.. to just cut through.. it didn't kink coz its plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts