NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello any/everyone, was looking for a little bit of advice on an issue I've been having with my 00 gt. So after noticing a TON of front end noise while driving I peeled off my front wheels to dive in and find the issue. Everything checked out to be in good working condition except for the cv axle damper had rusted to the point that it fell off with minor prodding. Now I would like to mention that the boot and the rest of the shaft are completely fine, the only issue is the damper which is now gone on both sides. I understand that by removing them it throws the cv shafts out of balance, but I guess my real question is, is there a way to replace just these dampers? I would like to avoid changing the whole axle if possible because there is very little signs of any other damage or wear to the axles

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not that i know of. I race my car without those on.
Remove all traces of them and drive on the highway. If there is no steering judder or vibration i would say its ok. If there is and it is not your tires, i would replace them.
Aftermarket ones do not seem to have them from my experience. Some have welded on metal to balance them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.