NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running D2 coilovers. I was wondering how the ride quality is. I also live in a cold climate area and was wondering how they hold up in the winter b/c my car is a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
the D2's are similar to the k-sports..*maybe even alike* and there some members on here w/ k-sports..so you can probably do a search and track them down..

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
JPsgts said:
Is anybody running D2 coilovers. I was wondering how the ride quality is. I also live in a cold climate area and was wondering how they hold up in the winter b/c my car is a daily driver.
THey are "OK" coilovers, but Id rather just save a couple more and get something like TEIN's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want the Tein's but im afraid that ill be too low for the winter cuz i think there are minimum drops, i could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
JPsgts said:
I want the Tein's but im afraid that ill be too low for the winter cuz i think there are minimum drops, i could be wrong.
you shouldn't have a problem with tein.

how low do you plan on droping the car? with the tein coils you can raise it up to stock height.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anybody tell me how the tein hold up through winter, i hear about shock leaks due to the cold.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have d2's on my prelude. they are a nice piece for the money. i have heard that they prolly are the exact same thing as the k-sports except the color. ride is much sportier = harder than stock. not recommended if you are gonna ride grandma in your car

the threads are teflon coated.. keeps the crap off the threads..

·
Registered
243 Posts
i got d2's lol apprantly k-sport, d2 and G4's are excatly the same just diffrent colour. d2's handeling is awsome, i got the "track racing" coils not the street ones and they're fine of corse its guna be abit bumpy but noone really complains unless its a REALLY REALLY bad road but besides that its fine i reccomend it.
btw my d2 rear's dont drop that low about a 1 1/2 finger gap left but thats on lowest anyone know if k-sports are like that too or somethings wrong with mine lol.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Both coilovers are very similar because they came from the same manufacturer. Quality is the same, design is a bit different.

Only thingn I dont like about the TEIN coilovers for our carss it that the body is not adjustable. Only lowers thry spring perch which messes up the spring pre-load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts