NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the layout or any picture of how the piping for the DA sports kit goes, how the vacume lines are set up, and possibly any installation guide for the Split second ecu for the celica please thanks.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
I thought the DA sports kit was supposed to come with detailed instructions? Maybe they left yours out?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah also left out a pipe/flange for the drain on the turbo, which my shop had to fabricate themselves, causing my car to be in the shop for a week instead of a day two, well it's still in there now.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
If it helps I can give you a description of the pipe routing. Its basically teh same as staffords - the charge pipe comes up out of the turbo, over the front of the valve cover area (pass side) and down and around the tow hook with a u bend and then into teh intercooler. Comes out of the intercooler with another u bend and then goes up to the throttle body. You may wind up getting longer couplers for teh pipe from intercooler to throttle body, as it is very tight and the shift linkage can almost hit it and it wants to pop out of the hose when the engine torques.

As for the vacuum - I reccomend taking the evap like coming out of the top of the manifold and splice into it with a 2 or 3 way T. Run vaccum directly to your SS ECU, BoV and Boost gauge sensor. You want to run hard metal or hard plastic lines that are not compressible as much as possible.

The SS ecu I can't help you on - its not the same as Staffords.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Sorry about the drain, I honestly thought we'd sent yours already. But, your guy said he'd have it done in a couple of hours, not a week, so you may need to talk to him about that additional week thing, maybe :confused:

At any rate, I sent the ECM instructions, but I'll e-mail them again, and your installer can feel free to contact me if he has any questions regarding pipe layout or anything else for that matter, and I'll be happy to help :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I got the instructions, its taking a week because of this whole labor day crap and them being closed on sundays since they had expected the car to be out before the weekend. I have school all day tomorrow and can't pick up the car (if its done) which sucks but hopefully Wednesday I'll have it and post some pics/videos.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yes, it's not cooled right now?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it a water and oil cooled turbo?
If it is, YOU HAVE to connect the water line!
If it isn't, and it is oil cooled, then it is how it's supposed to work, shoud be okay.

The blue smoke can still be the turbo, if you blew one of the sealing.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
C2til said:
Is it a water and oil cooled turbo?
If it is, YOU HAVE to connect the water line!
If it isn't, and it is oil cooled, then it is how it's supposed to work, shoud be okay.

The blue smoke can still be the turbo, if you blew one of the sealing.
Its a Borg Warner KKK turbo and yes - they are water cooled (they are supposed to be anyways)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turbo blew last night, was planning on putting an oil pressure regulator and the water lines on monday but I guess it couldn't make it a week, anyone know where I can get a decently priced k04 020??

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Sux, You had the turbo less than 2 weeks.

Jay :wtc: *Man hug*

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Jayloco said:
Turbo blew last night, was planning on putting an oil pressure regulator and the water lines on monday but I guess it couldn't make it a week, anyone know where I can get a decently priced k04 020??
Yikes - may I suggest contactign C2GAS? I htink he uses KKK turbos and he also has a water cooling system in his kit that he might be willing to sell you. You have my sympathy bro :(

Also - I'm not being sarcastic here at all - you might think about asking Stafford if he can rig one of his manifolds and turbos for you and try to just reuse your tubing and intercooler.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The turbo died because of lack of coolant lines...that's strange. I thought they could function without coolant. My IHI turbo has coolant ports that arne't being used...and it has 25,000 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Originally posted by Jayloco
This turbo is supposedly a kkk k04-020 I see a kkk k04-023 for sale on ebay anyone know what the difference may be in the 2?
Sizes can be different. I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just dropped the car off at the shop, turbo might not be blown but its making a weird whining noise, the wastegate slightly went off so I guess that's a good sign but the turbo is spitting oil into the pipes and as I mentioned was smoking a couple of days ago I hope something is just loose.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Jayloco
Just dropped the car off at the shop, turbo might not be blown but its making a weird whining noise, the wastegate slightly went off so I guess that's a good sign but the turbo is spitting oil into the pipes and as I mentioned was smoking a couple of days ago I hope something is just loose.
Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts