NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont understand why there are so many aftermarket parts for cars like the Civic... its not even a sports car yet they make parts for Civics that make it extreemly fast.. as where greddy can not even make a Turbo for a celica... a sports car... and they make ones for civics... mere grocery getters.. why are so many parts made for these heaps and not quality cars like Celicas and such..

G

·
probably cuz the celica isn't considered a 'sports car'. last gen celica was a slow secretary's car. the celicas that were quick (GT4) had most of their aftermarket done by TRD or custom throw together jobs. which was enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dident mean to class it as a "sports car" but u know what i mean, anyways everyone i work with (Preformance Toyota/Lexus Dealership) all say sure the celica is fun to drive but it sure as hell is not fast..
basicly its sporty... and needs more aftermarket... why does TRD not make more aftermarket for the Celi.. theres a big enough market in N.America for profit

·
Registered
282 Posts
I too am not please with the Celca's aftermarket selection. Like what I posted before the RSX came out, I am not suprise one bit that the RSX is getting such a big aftermarket support even though it's only been out a few months. By the time it hits 2 years, I'm pretty sure it's aftermarket selection is going to MUCH bigger then the Celica.

And another point I notice, the Celica aftermarket parts are on average at least 25% expensiver then their Honda/Acura counterpart. Ex: Ground Control Springs are $399+ for the Celica, while it's only $299 for the Civic, Integras and Preludes. And no company has yet to come out with affordable performance shocks for the Celica, wouldn't be suprise if some are on the way for the RSX.

Greddy exhuast system, it's $600 for the Celica, compare to $480-$500 for Hondas and Acura. Oh well, I still enjoy my Celica though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts