NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned my lesson to never cruise Sunset Bl the hard way.

The first encounter happened on the way to my gf's. While waiting at a light, the LAPD officer making a left turn (he's to my right) from the cross street shines his spotlight at me then finishes his turn. I was like WTF. My headlights?

Then came the encounter with the CHP. While on Sunset Bl, I was waiting at a light...it turns green, and as I go, a CHP comes out of nowhere and pulls me over. He claimed to hear my intake and to pop the hood. I told him it's CARB-certified. We argued for a good 10-15 minutes...and I told him to contact Injen as their information is on the CARB sticker. He let me go afterwards.

I lost count how many CHiPpies were on the 101, 60, and 57 freeways on the way back. Guys, be careful as they're looking for BS stops.

For those who got tickets for CARB-legal intakes, how did you fight them? Please share for future reference. :(

·
Registered
374 Posts
i'm sorry .. um i must not be driving enough... i dont' see that many cops man.. there is an increase but hell not that much.. just drive safe and do wut everyone else is don't.. and don't make urself stand out...

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
Yea you should just just put a fat vinyl sticker across your car that says "Pull Me Over!"

I was cruisin around LA tonight and drove around a ton of cops. They never bother me and I have HIDs and intake/exhaust.

xav3x. I love your sig. :) I saw it before but didnt notice the detailed overlay until just now. :D

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hmmm...i came down beach blvd tonight and there i saw a cop behind me in the fast lane while i was in the slow lane...if u goin to drive lil faster than usual drive in the slow lane...n e wayz, he was goin and i was drivin right next to him for a good 5-10 minutes and nothing. Plus i haven't been seeing extra cops out at all...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
man, you never get any breaks

what about get some kind of memo directly from injen with all the info that states its legal and present that to the judge or whatever

i had a run in with a CHP the other day. i just got off the freeway(not driving wrecklessly or speeding). got stopped at 2 red lights. when the light changed i just drove off like normal then all of a sudden i hear a "HEY, WHY WERE YOU RACING?" this didnt make any sense to me and the only cars that were on the road were 18 wheelers. i said "i wasn't racing," looked forward, and ignored him. not too sure, but from the corner of my eyes, i swear he was still staring at me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
yeah i got tailed from the 10w to the 57, to my exit at Covina Blvd,to my home by an LAPD, in Covina!!!! WTF? When i went into the lane to make make a u turn into my house, he pulled up along side me and stared at me. I watch out for cops, but i doubt they will pull me over unless my blue underbody or any of my neons are on outsude the car. If they pull me over for my exhaust or intake, or H.I.D s they are all legal, and i got all the certificates and proof in my car so let them bring it on:)
xoxo
ARa

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, just to clarify:

In both instances I was sitting at a light. In the second instance I did not jackrabbit, just normally began to go. I WAS NOT SPEEDING OR DOING ANYTHING TO GRAB ATTENTION.

·
Registered
687 Posts
alphasubzero949 said:
Okay, just to clarify:

In both instances I was sitting at a light. In the second instance I did not jackrabbit, just normally began to go. I WAS NOT SPEEDING OR DOING ANYTHING TO GRAB ATTENTION.
maybe ur intake is too loud LMAO! I can't hear ur intake unless I am like 5 feet away from ur car and with traffic in los angeles during a crowded time off a MAJOR street, he heard intake? hmmm maybe you just look so thuggish that he decided to pull you over jp

·
Registered
480 Posts
its a bad night to be cruising around Sunset Blvd or any where near Hollywood. there's just a whole gank of cops, closed streets, traffic, protesters, limos, and tuxes. It more than doubled my drive back to my apt.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
wow u have the best of luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts