NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on this one. Basicly, I was getting out of work in the parking lot and I had the right of way. Then out of nowhere a lady comes from a parking lane perpendicular to my car and hit me on the passenger side and my car drags forward. So what I'm left with in the end is a big ass dent on the middle of the side of my car and huge scratches from the side of the front bumper to the side of the back bumper. My front right wheel is dented in that's why I had my car tolled and my rim has a huge red scratch from her license plate. All on the passenger side. She hit me so hard that my back seats came down and my radar detector flew off. She's at fault but the cop couldn't write her a ticket cause it was on private property, but was able to give her a ticker for no insurance and license. The cop told me before I left that it's common sense that she was at fault. Now it's up to our insurance companies.

I want to get an aftermarket bodykit all around (painted) that is equal or less than the price it's going to cost to fix the right side of my car. Does anyone have any info?

I know a couple people that got in similar accident as me and after their car was fixed they came out with a full bodykit. How does this work??

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
celicakidgt02 said:

I want to get an aftermarket bodykit all around (painted) that is equal or less than the price it's going to cost to fix the right side of my car. Does anyone have any info?

I know a couple people that got in similar accident as me and after their car was fixed they came out with a full bodykit. How does this work??
The money to fix the side will go to the kit instead of fixing the side of your car. Basically it'll only work if you get hit on your front bumper or somewhere that can get parts replaced by body kits.

·
Registered
910 Posts
she had no license or insurance???? than what the heck is she doing driving out there like that??? shes gonna kill someone one day! ........glad that your ok though.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
It doesn't sound like it is going to work in your case, the money is going to go towards fixing the side of your car, and replacing your wheel, and probably just re-painting the front and rear bumpers, not replacing them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has insurance and a driver's license but she didn't bring them with her. She was Japanese and I guess her English wasn't that well cause she dialed 911 from her cell and then gave me the phone to talk to them. Her first words "Didn't you see me" and after that I snapped on her and she didn't talk anymore. So the bottom of the side of my front bumper will be painted cause it's scratched and same with the bottom of the side of the back bumper, but my whole passengar side will be replaced as well as my tire and rim? So what you're saying is, if I do get an aftermarket bodykit, they will only be paying for one side of the bodykit? There's no way in hell I'll be able to pull a bodykit out of this accident? Damn, it was worth trying.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
yea i dont see anyway you could get a full kit outta this..because its only the passenger side that is damaged....i cant think of how you would get a full kit outta an accident because it would have to damage the front back and sides...dont see that to likely...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
you can get a full kit. You get an estimate, but you might have to pay a little bit extra. If they are going to be painting one side and the one bumper u'll have to pay the difference, but you won't get everything most likely unless he quotes you at 4000 or whatever then charges you 2000.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
You can save money by buying a kit and getting it painted the same time you're getting the side painted. It'll save you some labor charges.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Her first words "Didn't you see me" and after that I snapped on her and she didn't talk anymore.

its not as bad as the bitch that hit me...first words from her was "Its not my fault" when she obviously rear ended me

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
Same thing happened to me with my Civic...a lady side swiped me in a Walgreens parking lot. She jumped out yelling how it was my fault for not seeing her and sh!t...anyway the damage was in the neighborhood of $1,500 because they had to replace the entire rear quarter panel part that goes all the way up and around the front window.

·
Registered
281 Posts
sometimes (most of the time?)an insurance company will mail you out a check and its up to you to get the car repaired. In that case you can buy a kit with the money from the check, and get a shop to repair your car while also painting and installing the kit. The check might not cover everything if you upgrade a lot, but it would be better than nothing. When my aunt hit a deer insurance gave her 1500 dollars which is how much it would have cost had she taken it right to a shop, but i found the necessary oem parts prepainted on ebay, fixed the car for 500 bucks, and split the difference with my aunt. Not bad for about 4 hours work. Since you need a professional shop install, this approach may not work, but good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts