NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Did A Oil Change And My Oil Was Pretty Dark The Last Time I Did A Oil Change Was On Easter Sunday.i Only DroveAbout 6000 And I Use Synthetic Oil And Lucas Oil Stabilizer. First Time For That Quick Of A Change To Happen To Me! Is There Somthing I Should Look For.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Change your oil every 3000 miles, I don't care what the bottle says on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The color of the oil is no indication of what shape it's in. The quality of oil has come a long way from the previous decades. Changing oil at 3k or under in our cars and most cars is a waste of money and oil. If you're really worried and want to know what's really happening with your oil, get your used oil analyzed and you'll get your results and peace of mind from there. Only thing I say is ditch the Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
if it's black then it's doing it's job...If my oil came out how I put it in I'd be concerned

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I agree with 3000 miles. I drain every 3000 and replace with Mobil 1 and Toyota Filter. First 1000 miles about it's honey color and at 3000 miles its light brown. Don't use that Lucas b/s...it holds too much air causing foaming specially in a high revving motor.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
3000 miles for sure. I'm far to guilty of waiting too long to get the oil changed myself. The cost of an oil change is insignificant compared to the cost of an engine.

The oil being dirty means it is picking up particles of dirt and such in the engine. It is normal for oil to be relatively black after some use. The oil is designed to pick these particles up and separate them so they do not build up or grate against the surfaces of the engine which can cause parts to wear down.

whether you are using synthetic or not I would recommend changing oil every 3000 miles. If you do the change yourself it is fairly cheap even with a synthetic oil. I wouldn't bother with the stabalizer. if you are doing the changes every 3000 you won't need it. honestly the oil is designed by the manufacturer to perform it's best. Adding other chemicals to the mix from other manufacturers can cause a risk of foaming.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
The color of the oil is no indication of what shape it's in. The quality of oil has come a long way from the previous decades. Changing oil at 3k or under in our cars and most cars is a waste of money and oil. If you're really worried and want to know what's really happening with your oil, get your used oil analyzed and you'll get your results and peace of mind from there. Only thing I say is ditch the Lucas Oil Stabilizer.
Oil change is cheap and is the best investment you can do on your ride.

I'd change it more often if you push the car more than normal.

manufacturer want people to think there cars needs less maintenance and less oil change. This might be ok for soft driving but is certainly not the best. Manufacturer don't care what happens after the warranty is over! Rule of thumb has been 3000 miles and it is still valid no matter what.

Driving it hard a lot, I do it a bit more often with synthetic on top of it. I am being extreme with oil but I think it pays off ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts