NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firsty I did try a search and this topic was sort of addressed, but I'll narrow down my question here.

I find that no product works well on the Celica dashes because they are anti-reflective. Basically anything I apply seems to not do much except to streak the dash, and they seem to attract more dust than if I had left it alone. Thus I only use products on the black part of the dash (where the gauges are), wheel, shifter, etc. It works well on these parts as this is regular plastic.

So I've decided to simply clean the dash and dust it occasionally. How would I clean the dash? Would I just use water and some kind of soap? If so, what kind of soap would I use....I don't want to dry out the dash and leave it vulnerable to cracking.

I have tried finding Vinylex in Canada and it is nowhere in sight, so I don't think this is an option for me.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Don't use any products on the steering wheel (and pedals). You do not want them hindering your driving contact points.

If you have a particular stain that you need removed then we can suggest an appropriate cleaner, otherwise a simple water wipe down or clean wrung out rag of car wash soap water will do the trick.

Where are you in Canada? Are you interested in on-line suppliers for any of these products?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just use one of those EndDust cloths... They have no chemicals or anything on them, they're just a soft disposable cloth... They work great, they suck the dust right up... I used to use a damp cloth, but just that tiny bit of water seemed to dry out the materials...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
My interior, ESPECIALLY THE DOORS, gets a white or light colored residue build up. I think it may be oils from the skin of peoples' arms combines with dust. I tried water, and i tried windex. It wont come off and return to dark gray. What the hell man?! Oh yeah, I have an '03 so the interior pieces are darker gray and the dirt shows up even worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.