NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a DC header for my GT-S, but I'm confused I read that when you install it, you will need to replace the heatshield or something like that? So if I'm to buy the header do I need to buy something else along with it? what is it? does it come with the header? is it worth the gains? Thank you, I searched for these questions but none of the previous topics helped. Please advise....

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You remove and do not reinstall the stock heatshield. The DC header is ceramic coated so that reduces the amount of heat it radiates.

After removing the stock header you will be very happy to not have to reinstall the shield. That's kind of a tight area back there.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
header did make my lowend and midrange quite better, topend feels a tad better but then again i havent driven my can in some time now so i dont remember what it felt like with the stock header.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by monkeywrench
You remove and do not reinstall the stock heatshield. The DC header is ceramic coated so that reduces the amount of heat it radiates.

After removing the stock header you will be very happy to not have to reinstall the shield. That's kind of a tight area back there.
Thank you monkeywrench...

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Originally posted by monkeywrench
I hated the heatshield, I cut my hands all up on that stupid thing.

·
Registered
903 Posts
i heard that you need to jack up the engine or make it come loose or something...its a big job...but i dunno cuz i never installed on...let me know if its a big job

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
dont get the dc header.....maybe this is just mine, but i have one and its **** quality. I didnt even put it on my car, i dont think its worth the money. The welds are melted thru the tubes, the collector isnt even deburred. and some of the coating came off during shipment. Im very dissappointed in DC...

·
Registered
599 Posts
EasyC said:
dont get the dc header.....maybe this is just mine, but i have one and its **** quality. I didnt even put it on my car, i dont think its worth the money. The welds are melted thru the tubes, the collector isnt even deburred. and some of the coating came off during shipment. Im very dissappointed in DC...
can i have it for free then?:gap:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
wait for the tpr headers and see how they perform. Alot of people are acutally loosing power with dc headers. Wait and see tpr's results.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Tuppuguy said:
wait for the tpr headers and see how they perform. Alot of people are acutally loosing power with dc headers. Wait and see tpr's results.
who are these people? have they dyno'd them?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by EasyC
:worthless
Originally posted by cvt
can i have it for free then?:gap:
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
EasyC said:
I have the header installed and I must say I can relate, the collector was burred. I was going to clean it up with a porting tool , but I was told it won't do ****. Apart from that the quality was excellent including coating. I put it on burrs and all and I got great gains! DC Headers DO WORK.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2000ZR i was in Melborune last week....I love that town so many open roads to drive around.... I did see a lot of celicas with trd action package. So do u recomend it? what do u feel?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
matadorgts said:
2000ZR i was in Melborune last week....I love that town so many open roads to drive around.... I did see a lot of celicas with trd action package. So do u recomend it? what do u feel?
trd package is aight, but if you were thinking of getting a kit, try something different. I have the trd kit and if i wasnt a cheap/lazy ass i would buy another kit for my car. I see trd celicas around too much.

·
Registered
263 Posts
matadorgts said:
Cool!.... Anywayz dude I wouldn't waste my time responding to your post unless I had something to say. I was one of the guys that doubted the header as well. Believe me when I say that the damn thing really does work! It makes me laugh when people say otherwise when they haven't even tried them. As long as they are sealed ok they produce GOOD gains.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts