NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read everything carefully for understanding and no confusion and make sure to keep checking this post for updates!

For those of you that don't have my number, let me know!

The meet will be scheduled for the first weekend in August which is the 3rd. The time will start 12-1pm and let's have a BBQ going on at a public spot. Bernie, if you can let me know of a nice public park area where we can grill some stuff orrrrr if anyone is willing maybe we can meet up at someone's house and grill there! For the public spot I'll post up pictures for everyone to meet up at and if it's at someone's house we will receive text messages.

Let's get this party started....

Date: August 3rd

Caravan Starting Time (DO NOT BE LATE OR YOU WILL BE LEFT BEHIND!):

First Location)
1) Burtonsville, MD meet up spot
15701-157901 Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD (8:00am sharp and leaving at 8:30am)
-If you see the Burger King or Starbucks you're in the meet-up area. Or if you're coming from Route 29 North, take the Burtonsville Shopping Center exit and you'll find us easily.
-Look for National Drive and go past the Starbucks.
-Look where the parking lot is and we'll be parked at the very end.

Second Location)
2) Exit 156 Ramp Rest Stop off of I-95 South (9:30am)

(In the map picture it's the small oval-like spot farther down south after Dale Blvd)

When you are driving on I-95 South, you should see this sign and be on this side of the road, just keep going straight for the rest area

Follow the Rest Area sign to the rest stop.
Thanks Scott for also providing pictures of how to get here:D

It will look like this (rough drawing of the road) You guys should be on the exit ramp but head straight for the rest stop

Then you should see this, afterwards head straight:

Third Location)
3) Richmond Meeting place (11:00am)
11798 N Lakeridge Pky, Ashland, VA

Picture (You should see this exit heading South on I-95):

Then do this:

Final Location)Shelter #8 Mount Trashmore 310 Edwin Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
(going to have the Full Day Shelter ~~For the full day from 9am to when the park closes)

Rules are always the same:
1) No Racing (We can be lenient, but we have to take this very seriously. I don't want anyone getting tickets or worse.)
2) No Fighting (Be respectful of others so no fighting, arguing etc...)
3) No Burnouts (Or else we'll be kicked out of wherever and also attract the wrong attention.)
4) No Littering (It's very easy to hold your trash and look for a trashbin.)
5) No Extremely Loud Music (We can moderate it but if I see other people begin to stare at us then I will nicely ask you to turn it down)
6) Respect other people's opinions and hard work with what they have done.
7) Have a good time!

I'll be updating this first post as time goes along and for those coming please make sure that you clear your calendar or let us know if you have something going on.

In addition, if people would like to sell anything at the meet please post up pictures here and let us know prices:). I'll be bringing the stuff I posted up in the DC metro thread and my for sale thread if anyone wants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far, the price for everyone to pay for the shelter spot will be from about $6-$7 per person if all 18 people are attending. When the 25th comes, I will ask those of you attending to paypal Bernie the amount of money accordingly for the spot. His paypal is [email protected]. Do not pay before the 25th because we are still not sure who will attend and who will not make it.

Names list:
1) Ddragon
2) XBernie
3) livejordan
4) 7thGenTux
5) hughesjasonk (maybe)
6) alexeslinger
7) juan celicagts
8) KageRyu7
9) ITS-PAPI
10) MUTHA RUSSIA
11) MikeyV
12) chixbeachgt
13) party2go
14) musicresolution
15) Arvin
16) 2ZZGTS (maybe)
17) Crizzz
18) gjkissel2
19) Husky

For those caravaning down, let me know what spot you want to meet up at or if you just want to head down by yourself and I will mark it in this post. Please make sure to be at the meet up spot on time folks!! If you are bringing extra people make sure they are on time too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need these:

1) Coal - Ddragon, KageRyu7
2) Meat (burgers, hotdogs, etc.) - Ddragon, juan celicagts, KageRyu7
3) Soda (root beer, club soda, fanta, pepsi, etc.), Water (I will bring a cooler with these so don't worry as well as napkins) - chixbeachgt, gjkissel2
4) Cameras (All cameras welcome!)
5) Chips - 7thGenTux
6) Plates and utensils - party2go, Husky
7) Buns (hotdog and hamburger) - juan celicagts
8) Dessert - party2go
9) Ice (for the cooler) - chixbeachgt
10) BBQ Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, other Condiments - alexeslinger

Here are some pictures from google of what the beach looks like:

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah for those of you coming from Maryland or anywhere else up North, I'll be making caravan meet-up spots where we will stop at and wait for you. I'll be driving from Silver Spring, MD.

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll be in, i believe my internship in cali will be done in late july as well, sounds like fun, we should start making a list on who thinks can go or not!
Yup yup, gonna get on that in a moment...

·
Lurker
376 Posts
Anyway we could move this to like the 17th of August? I would like to come but I'll be TDY around that exact same timeframe.

·
Lurker
376 Posts
No response yet about the final date?

·
GTS Turbo
1,111 Posts
How do I post pic on here ?? And on my profile?
Upload your picture under the gallery TAB. then once you have uploaded it, copy and paste the BB image code into your post/ or your signature settings.

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys, sorry I've been away for a while. Was at the hospital but will be back in the states sooner than expected, like in a few days

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ddragon said:
Hey guys, sorry I've been away for a while. Was at the hospital but will be back in the states sooner than expected, like in a few days
That sounds ominous... You alright sir?

Posted from Newcelica.org App for Android

1 - 20 of 283 Posts